5-13-06 Morning Hunt

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out this morning for about an hour with my daughter before we had to get ready for her birthday party.
In one hole we found the heart looking charm with the name "Jewell" on it, the badge which has an American Lfag in the middle, and the 1956 Wheat. The other looking coin had me excited until I looked at the back and it said Shell Mr President Coin Game, and of course the other pieces of junk. It was nice weather and I really enjoyed taking her out on her birthday.

Happy Hunting, Twister

Attachments

• 51306.jpg
    51306.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 462
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
the badge is an arcade token. i found one indenticle to it a while back. apparently you would put money in a machine, and you could print whatever you wanted on these tokens. the one i found was dated 1930.nice digs!

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Thats some cool finds Twister.Happy B-dayto the little one...Joe

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hiya!

Weird, but I found the exact Shell token today too,
at least i think as I can't read yours,
James Monroe is mine.
I'll try to post mine finds later.
Nice little hunt Twister, thanks!

Smiles!
BDoo

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi twister nice finds and is there any birthdaycake left, send me a slice lol

tinpan

Illinois Jeff

Feb 12, 2006
Hanover Park Illinois
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hollowpointred hit the nail on the head with the badge. When i was a kid we would make them at carnivals. You would put 50 cents into a machine and then pick a letter. To stamp the letter you would pull on a handle and then after the letter was stamped, you could rotate the badge with a wheel on the machine and allow you to pick another letter and pull the handle again. When you were finished at which time you would then use the handle to eject it. I dont know what they were made of in the 30's or 40's but it was the 70's i know they were aluminum.

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
Nice finds. That Presidential token is from Cracker Jack. My grandmother gave me a bunch of those Shell President tokens recently. The ones she gave me almost look like Silver they are so new looking. Once you pick them up though u realize they are not. I think they are made of aluminum. Anyway, I do believe the Shell Presidential tokens were a cracker jack prize from 1931-1934. Either way they are old so there is bound to be more old stuff lying around. Funny thing is...after she gave them to me I found two more within a month. I also found a George Washinton on and an Abraham Lincoln one. However, both spots that I have found them at have yielded even better treasures. I found an 1892s Barber Dime (low mintage) about 20 yards from the Washington one and I have found over 15 silver coins, mostly from the 30's and 40's, at the same place where the Lincoln one was found. So keep at it because even better treasures await you.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Illinois Jeff said:
Hollowpointred hit the nail on the head with the badge. When i was a kid we would make them at carnivals. You would put 50 cents into a machine and then pick a letter. To stamp the letter you would pull on a handle and then after the letter was stamped, you could rotate the badge with a wheel on the machine and allow you to pick another letter and pull the handle again. When you were finished at which time you would then use the handle to eject it. I dont know what they were made of in the 30's or 40's but it was the 70's i know they were aluminum.

the one i found was aluminum as well. its interesting to know they made these into the 70s.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe not the best days, but it is the hunt that counts! Nice to be out with the kids! Wish mine would want to go with me now..You beat me..I only go a 1958 penny!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions