5/19 Fairgrounds Finds

eddie72876

Mar 27, 2005
Myrtle Beach, SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer 2
Got out for a couple of hours after work today at a fairground that I pass by everyday. The sign out front says it's been there since 1884. Sounded promising so I gave it a shot. I found 6 memorial pennies, 1 clad dime, 1 clad quarter, and about 14 lbs. of pull tabs. I was getting a little frustrated when I came across the 1946 Rosie dime. This picked me up a bit and after a few more pull tabs I dug up the sterling silver earring. I'm gonna have to go back again later and find the real old stuff. I know its there somewhere.

Attachments

• fairground finds 5-19-05.JPG
    fairground finds 5-19-05.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 340
  • 1946 rosie and earring.JPG
    1946 rosie and earring.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 334
Upvote 0
Awesome, looks like the begining of a wonderful and EXCITING hunt! Best of luck, and keep us posted. Looking forward to seeing all them great finds soon to be coming your way!

Sounds like a might good time detecting the fair ground. Don't you just hate those pull tabs? Went out Sunday for a couple of hours and dug up some 50 pull tabs need to readjust my settings to eliminate those darn things. Keep up the great detecting and let us know what new finds the fair ground surprises you with.

if you can hit it consistently.My local fairgrounds is of the same age and we have pulled out consistent older coins as far back as 1836.My suggestion is go where people would normally not hit.My favorites are the parking area and the cattle and misc animal barn area.

peace,bigrig

Congrats on the silver, sure looks purdy coming out of the ground dont it!!!!!!

Hunted a fair grounds like that, off and on for about a year, that was near where i used to live. When i first started detecting there i began to wonder if it was a fair they had there or a pull tab farm. But over time i pulled a good amount of silver coins out, not to mention wheats and some rings. One gold ring was hand made and 3/4 of an ounce 14 kt. I'm not usually a dig every thing person, but i remember a few times there of dumping my pouch twice in a day with almost nothing but pull tabs. And theres still plenty more where those came from. I'f any body wants to start a pull tab collection i'll be glad to give directions how to get there. HH

I'm gonna have to go back again later and find the real old stuff. I know its there somewhere.

Damn looks like ya found some real stuff already unless that rosies a fake. Nice shootin. If you found that many pull tabs it has been around for a while. Plus the fair grounds are holders of many an old coin. You will find them. Thanks for the pics they look great. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back