5-29-21 Hunt

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SE Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nothing spectacular but since it's been so long I was glad to be able to walk around some. The insitu pic shows the 1st points true colors, not so much for the inside pictures for some reason
20210529_145445.jpg
20210529_164504.jpg
20210529_164508.jpg
20210529_155827.jpg

Upvote 0
Very nice! Sunlight always makes things look different than any artificial light IMO.

Glad you got time to get out and find some old stuff Mike. Hoping to do the same by next weekend. Thanks for sharing

Thanks for checking them out quinn, good luck when you go. I won't be able to go again till the end of the month.

Nice finds. The stemmed point looks like it was used to ream or as some kind of drill, based on that tip wear.

I?ve noticed that many of my finds displayed sharper material features and color when in situ, but quickly lost that vibrance as soon as earth moisture left them.

Last edited:
Nice finds. The stemmed point looks like it was used to ream or as some kind of drill, based on that tip wear.

I?ve noticed that many of my finds displayed sharper material features and color when in situ, but quickly lost that vibrance as soon as the earths moisture left them.

Probably so but it has a ancient tip ding, Probably a few centimeters of it is gone (unfortunately).

It has lost some color, really noticed it a few hours after cleaning. This one would be a good candidate for mineral oil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back