5.75 Inch Coil- Cortes

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used this coil but not on a Cortes. It would be the same on any Tesoro that can use a sniper coil. When targets are many and you feel you might have more than one under the coil at one time it is time to screw on a sniper coil for a better chance to get only one target under the coil to eliminated target masking.

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks sandman, so in essence it's great for a really trashy area where a coin may be mixed in with pull tabs etc.? must not be very popular due to the low volume of answers........I have one and am considering selling it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shanegalang said:
Thanks sandman, so in essence it's great for a really trashy area where a coin may be mixed in with pull tabs etc.? must not be very popular due to the low volume of answers........I have one and am considering selling it.

Selling it is almost as big a mistake as telling the wife she is getting fat. It is a good coil for when you get in trashy areas or along sidewalks for for getting close to metal fences. But if you are not using it, sell it. But I guarantee you are going to want one again. Many of the hunters don't want the competion to use this coil and that could be why the low answers, and others are just lazy or type in capitals anyway.

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I am going to Gulf Shores beach soon, any suggestions on using it there to my advantage? I know i cant get to close to the water but I actually got a bit in wet sand in Galveston and didnt experience any major problems.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you mean using the Cortes in the dry sand it will work well. Not all the wet sand is the same when it comes to conductivity cause of varying amounts of salts. It is best to GB on the dry and again when hunting the wet. Stay on one or the other. If it is unstable you will need to lower Sensitivity.

Good Luck,
sandman

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I dont usually hunt in all metal. Doesn't my Cortes auto GB otherwise?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shanegalang said:

NO, it has a manual GB. It is easy to set too.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shanegalang said:

Cortes has manual GB in all-metal, set GB in disc. You won't be able to GB over wet saltwater sand in either mode. You can still use it to find objects but the noise may drive you crazy. Just keep the coil level and the height consistant. A DD coil may prove me wrong in all-metal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread