5 boxes dimes, couple firsts :) and 3 boxes of nicks

jjaddict

Sep 22, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did pretty well over the last two days. Dimes box 1 - 3 rosies, box 2 - 2 rosies, box 3 - 2 rosies, box 4 - 2 rosies, 1 merc!! box 4 - 1 rosie, 1 merc!!
Mercs: '29, '42
Rosies: 2x '52, '54, '60, '61, 5x '64.

Found my first ender, no pic sorry, wasn't sure that it was til I opened it, '64 rosie.
These were my first Mercs found CRH, and they were from two different suppliers on the same day, one from Brinks the other...I'm not sure what they are, unmarked, most of my boxes are like this.

Nickels were pretty decent again. First box scored two war nickels, my first '42 S, and one '43 P. Second box was a skunk for silver. Third box, brinks, scored another '43 S.

When I went to dump yesterday before my pick-ups, the reject shoot was full of coins during a bag change, plugged up with lint, nice for me, scored a bunch of canadians, and a few other foreign coins, plus a couple bucks in clad, nice!!

Hope everyone stocked up before the bank holiday, I did, unfortunately I ripped through all of them today, oops ;D

Attachments

• Silver Obverse.JPG
    Silver Obverse.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 553
  • Silver Reverse.JPG
    Silver Reverse.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 593
  • Rejects.JPG
    Rejects.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 628
  • Wrapper Mess.JPG
    Wrapper Mess.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 625
Upvote 0

sultan of silver

Nov 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work :headbang: I have 4 boxes of half left out of 8 and no silver >:( Maybe I will open them tomarrow and hope for silver to happen in the last 4.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score and thank you for the pics. They are inspiring. I love War Nickels.

HSH,
apush :read2:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
nice finds & great pics too! :thumbsup:

I found my first merc ('41D) just earlier this week too.I think I'm going to start hitting the dimes a little harder. I'd sure settle for the 2 keeper/box avg. you had with those boxes. So far my avg. for dimes is closer to 1 keeper per box.

keep on searchin'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread