5 Boxes Searched This Week

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
There appears to be a nationwide slump going on right now (unless your screen name is lejeuene, apparently :) ) for those reporting lately have not been finding much in full boxes of halves; if anything at all.

As lucky as I've been so far, I'm not getting more than four keepers per box the last four or five boxes, when I was consistently getting between fifteen and twenty keepers per.

Don't give up, the tide has to turn. And you can't win if you don't play.

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Ouch man, thats a harsh one. It will turn around. Similar results here today on
my first box. 2 40%rs, and 1 gold plated '71. Wife is picking up the second box
as I type this, so Im hoping for a recovery.

Again I offsetted the misery with some dimes and nickels this week too. Got 1 1942P War nickel,
and a '47 and '64 rosie.

Keep your head up... somebody is probably cashing in an entire estate of silver coins right now ;)
Who's gonna get 'em :)

Good luck !

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I know what you're going through, bscofield. I just searched my 6th box of halves this month, and my totals: 1 1968 and 2 1969's.....3 keepers out of 6 boxes! aahhhh!!!!! No more boxes until I get my patience back. I'm sticking to asking for loose halves.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fiatboy said:
I know what you're going through, bscofield. I just searched my 6th box of halves this month, and my totals: 1 1968 and 2 1969's.....3 keepers out of 6 boxes! aahhhh!!!!! No more boxes until I get my patience back. I'm sticking to asking for loose halves.

Yup, it's time like these that definitely require some patience.

All I can say is that I'm glad I at least got something.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there....my boxes haven't done well either. I am starting to hate checking boxes. I wonder what is going on????

thurmownator said:
There appears to be a nationwide slump going on right now (unless your screen name is lejeuene, apparently :) ) for those reporting lately have not been finding much in full boxes of halves; if anything at all.

As lucky as I've been so far, I'm not getting more than four keepers per box the last four or five boxes, when I was consistently getting between fifteen and twenty keepers per.

My good finds have not come from the boxes....they have been from the banks that already had rolls. That is why I have been taking the road trips and going out of town. The boxes I have ordered have had two's and few's.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lejeuene said:
Hang in there....my boxes haven't done well either. I am starting to hate checking boxes. I wonder what is going on????

thurmownator said:

I wish my loose rolls were as lucky as yours. No banks within 30miles of me even have rolls... at least not unsearched rolls.

My good finds have not come from the boxes....they have been from the banks that already had rolls. That is why I have been taking the road trips and going out of town. The boxes I have ordered have had two's and few's.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Congratulations Brain, at least you got some silver. :)

I've had the same results, searched three boxes yesterday:

Box 1 1-1964 (I ordered this box from a new bank and found the halve in the second roll. I was psyched,thought the box might be loaded. LOL Wishful thinking. :P)

Box 2 Skunk

Box 3 1-1968

Either tomorrow or Friday I hope to have three additional boxes in from different banks.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pennyworth said:
Congratulations Brain, at least you got some silver. :)

I've had the same results, searched three boxes yesterday:

Box 1 1-1964 (I ordered this box from a new bank and found the halve in the second roll. I was psyched,thought the box might be loaded. LOL Wishful thinking. :P)

Box 2 Skunk

Box 3 1-1968

Either tomorrow or Friday I hope to have three additional boxes in from different banks.

I know how you feel about wishful thinking! I searched two of those boxes today. The first was a skunk... The 2nd one had a 40% in the 4th roll and another in the 5th roll. I thought I was going to have a double digit day, but that was it, haha.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to let you guys know how I do in my area with boxes or machined rolled coins........today I went to a bank not far out of town to buy whatever they had.....they had $400/40 rolls of machined rolled halves (came out of a box)....bought them all and only 3 40% out of the lot.

Another bank called and said a box I ordered was in so I am about to go through it and will let you know what it holds....my guess is maybe 5 at most. I will let you know shortly.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lejeuene said:
Just to let you guys know how I do in my area with boxes or machined rolled coins........today I went to a bank not far out of town to buy whatever they had.....they had $400/40 rolls of machined rolled halves (came out of a box)....bought them all and only 3 40% out of the lot.

Another bank called and said a box I ordered was in so I am about to go through it and will let you know what it holds....my guess is maybe 5 at most. I will let you know shortly.

Hopefully you make some great finds! Good luck!

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bscofield6 said:
lejeuene said:

Thanks Brian. This box was surprisingly a good one. It had 28 silver coins. Two 90% with one being a 1934-D very worn Walker that I could only read the "34" on it and 26 40% silver coins. I have another box in from another bank to check tomorrow.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lejeuene said:
bscofield6 said:
lejeuene said:

Thanks Brian. This box was surprisingly a good one. It had 28 silver coins. Two 90% with one being a 1934-D very worn Walker that I could only read the "34" on it and 26 40% silver coins. I have another box in from another bank to check tomorrow.

Now that's a great box! Nicely done!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions