5 Dollar Gold coin found

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Well its been a long time since I've posted anything, but the other day I posted and now I got the bug to show you guys some stuff.

I've been detecting for 23 years now and have some great finds under my belt. So I will start posting some pics of them.

I'll start off with my gold coin. I found it in washington Co. PA at a Pony Express Stop. I was 16 when I found this in 1991.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,628
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,745
Upvote 0

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Well, I am a heckuva lot older than sixteen and am yet to find a gold coin with my detector.....and believe me when I say I have put in my hours!!!
Sweet find man.
~Nash~

Ace10Tex

Oct 25, 2009
that is one very sweet coin!!!! :hello2: Just curious what detector you were using an XLT? Or a different detector when u found this ? I think this is the mecca of finds for coin shooters! Any gold of any denomination is a rare! Thanks For sharing! Have you ever had it graded/appraised? Makes me think I should start researching those stage stops a little more in the nearby areas. Thought about it but never followed through. Guess it would be worth the time and effort.
Definately paid off for u !!! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
ppratt

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
I was using a Whites Eagle SL, and a Whites 3900. But that day I had my eagle and my dad had the 3900.

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was a great find. Congratulations.

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
that's simply beautiful! wow! :thumbsup: :headbang:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feeling you dont forget huh!?I know I never will!Something you never expect to see!! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread