5 hours of hunting, 1 stinking wheaty, this find pretty much summed it up today!!

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a permission to hunt a property which had the house built in 1904, with visions of Barbers, Indians and V's I began my hunt this morning. With nice rains this week the ground was perfect and plenty of ground to hunt, the house sits on one square block. After a couple of hours reality began to sink in, this place had been hammered in the past or the folks didn't spend much time outdoors. I hunted for almost 4 hours and managed to pull a single wheat from the yard. I think I pulled 5 pieces of clad as well, so, with my tail between my legs, I headed to my old high school to try and salvage the day. After almost an hour with nothing to show for it, I finally got a decent signal. I think the detecting gods were trying to send me a message today, I couldn't help laughing out loud when I saw what I had. Yep, I sure did today!!!:tongue3:

Attachments

• IMG_6916.JPG
    IMG_6916.JPG
    666.9 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 10

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, HE sure does get off a good one now and again. :)

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG...that is HILARIOUS !!! Also, kind of mirrors my day today ! Ok...I've been slobbering over a mid 1800's farmhouse 3/4 mile from my house...FINALLY...got the balls to ask permission..NO PROBLEM he says, super nice retired couple, we chatted for half an hour and asked me if I would look for a chain he lost off the tractor yesterday...I say "absolutely". So I spend 45 minutes in 92 degree, high humidity heat, but found it! He was ecstatic, and I have permission forever. So I start detecting, and 2nd target is 1965 Washington...SO CLOSE! And little did I know that was the best target of the day, at one point I stumbled onto a cache of pennies...dozens...my machine sounded like an AK-47...he told me later that was where they hid coins in a sand pile for the kids to find at Easter...all that time, driving by, with visions of Seated quarters, Walkers, etc...and I stumble onto a cache of Memorials...ugh..oh well, lots of virgin ground there, I'll hit it again soon...ddf

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't feel so bad now, you know, misery loves company.
OMG...that is HILARIOUS !!! Also, kind of mirrors my day today ! Ok...I've been slobbering over a mid 1800's farmhouse 3/4 mile from my house...FINALLY...got the balls to ask permission..NO PROBLEM he says, super nice retired couple, we chatted for half an hour and asked me if I would look for a chain he lost off the tractor yesterday...I say "absolutely". So I spend 45 minutes in 92 degree, high humidity heat, but found it! He was ecstatic, and I have permission forever. So I start detecting, and 2nd target is 1965 Washington...SO CLOSE! And little did I know that was the best target of the day, at one point I stumbled onto a cache of pennies...dozens...my machine sounded like an AK-47...he told me later that was where they hid coins in a sand pile for the kids to find at Easter...all that time, driving by, with visions of Seated quarters, Walkers, etc...and I stumble onto a cache of Memorials...ugh..oh well, lots of virgin ground there, I'll hit it again soon...ddf

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger