5 Large Cents In One Day!

brschroeder

Greenie
Jun 19, 2023
I’m over the moon! I found my first Large Cent yesterday and a field you would have no clue would give up a Large Cent in southern Wisconsin.
Something told me to go back and keep looking so I did tonight. And found FIVE more!!
They’re all pretty toasted so I need to try to clean them a little bit I’m so pumped about this! Love this hobby!

Attachments

• 70891856895__143DE237-A016-4BBA-9292-B4151EBE511C.jpeg
    70891856895__143DE237-A016-4BBA-9292-B4151EBE511C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 189
Upvote 45
Welcome to the forum. You are doing great and you have found a wonderful spot. Looks can be deceiving and sometimes the best looking spots turn out to be duds and the unlikely once’s turn out to be great. Keep going back and try and cover every inch of the area. You never know what will turn up next. You might want to try digging some of the iffy signals and mid tones if you aren’t doing that already. There may be some gold in your future.

Good luck, stay safe and keep swingin.

Welcome to the forum. You are doing great and you have found a wonderful spot. Looks can be deceiving and sometimes the best looking spots turn out to be duds and the unlikely once’s turn out to be great. Keep going back and try and cover every inch of the area. You never know what will turn up next. You might want to try digging some of the iffy signals and mid tones if you aren’t doing that already. There may be some gold in your future.

Good luck, stay safe and keep swingin.
Thanks! Yeah, I’ve dug some mid-tones and so far they’ve all been hand forged iron nails.
But yes based on the history I’m finding out from the neighbors, it’s a great spot!

Wow ... that's fantastic - congrats ! :icon_thumright:

I use "Andre's Pencils" to clean old Copper coins all the time.
It's amazing how well they can bring out detail.
Check out a few YouTube video's on how to use them - only $18.00 for a set on the Internet.

Way to go. Large cents are definitely hard to find in Wisconsin. My buddy and I found 6 at a very unassuming spot. Where abouts in Wisconsin are you if I can ask?

Just bought some! đź‘Ť
When you receive your Andre's pencil, would you possibly show us a before & after picture of the coins. I would like to see the results. I've heard they do a excellent job. Thanks.

Five large cents in one hunt is pretty amazing in my book. You did really well! Based on your picture, it looks like you will be able to get some detail off those coins. Send us an updated pic after you get them cleaned up.

That is an amazing start. You have done something even most old timers have not accomplished. Right time, right place, and being out there. You did real good. Welcome to the group.

First off WELCOME to TREASURENET !!! Thanks for sharing. What gave you the idea to detect thaty field ?

I’m over the moon! I found my first Large Cent yesterday and a field you would have no clue would give up a Large Cent in southern Wisconsin.
Something told me to go back and keep looking so I did tonight. And found FIVE more!!
They’re all pretty toasted so I need to try to clean them a little bit I’m so pumped about this! Love this hobby!
Very Cool!!!!Congrats!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back