5 rings: 2 silver, 2 crap ola, 1 what tha

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
5 rings: 2 silver, 2 crap o'la, 1 what tha'

Good weekend! All rings found at the fresh water lake in texas.

Silver swan ring. Silver turtle ring. 2 gumballer rings. And last but not least....I am not sure.... My husband thinks brass..... It has a stamp. Kinda of looks like a ??K However, it had a lot of green on it. Gold doesn't have green on it, right? It is taking forEVER to clean it. Any ideas? Thanks and HH!

Attachments

• rings1.jpg
    rings1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 501
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 500
  • ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 503
  • rings4.jpg
    rings4.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 502
  • rings55.jpg
    rings55.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 504
  • rings5.jpg
    rings5.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 466
Upvote 0

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
Re: 5 rings: 2 silver, 2 crap o'la, 1 what tha'

Ant said:
Iskuli said:
What do you use to tumble jewelry?

I dug the ring out and it's marked 14k. It didn't have any green on it but other than that it looked like the band on the ring in question but darker. I used white aquarium gravel , dish soap, a tea spoon of ammonia, water and tumbled it for couple of hours.

Here's how it came out, but I've never had it tested and it still might be fake.

HH
Ant that ring looks sure enough gold to me, the color and edges are dead give aways, nice find

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000

Ant Eddy knows his gold. That ring looks gold to me to. Gold will some time discolor. Fake rings found in the ground, water or sand, will have black spots onthem where the plating is worn off.

okiepapa

Nov 25, 2004

Found the exact same turtle ring in Ada, Ok. Gave it to my girlfriends granddaughter. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread