Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out for 6 hrs today, it was +1 (33. 8 ) degrees and windy. I was glad that I took a huge cup of hot coffee with me! I think it might be my last hunt of the year; work is going to be very crazy starting tomorrow, and the snow will surely be here in a matter of a few weeks. :veryangry:

I started at a few spots that I go to often, but not much luck today. Then I got permission to do around a house built in 1903--a few pennies from the 1990's, and one lonely silver 1961 dime. I guess the guys that detected it 25 yrs ago missed it. I found a few more odds and ends. The last coin of the day (and possibly of the season) was found across the street by the old sidewalk, the 1965 silver dime. That puts my silver coin count for the season at 44. When I got home and recorded my finds, I realized that the 1965 silver was also my 880th coin for the season. That makes my silver coins exactly 5% of all my coin finds!

I know 880 coins for a 6 month season isn't a lot, but I would rather find 2 or 3 oldies than a pile of clad.

Attachments

• 100_7049.JPG
    100_7049.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,100
  • 100_7047.JPG
    100_7047.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 1,109
Upvote 0

Chocadog

Feb 3, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari, Garrett GTI2000, Garrett250
I remember those long winter months in Canada, you might want to take a trip to the south sometime for the sake of sanity and quick swing of the detector, good luck and stay warm!

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bummer on the last coin of the season, at least, it was a good one! The biggest bummer is the cold and forthcoming snow.....we are still running air conditioners here! :coffee2: < for you!!

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
underarock said:
880 silvers for the year is low? Maybe I should head north next spring.
I'd say your doing alright.

I believe he said his silver count was 44 for the season......880 was total coinage.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roland58 said:
underarock said:

I believe he said his silver count was 44 for the season......880 was total coinage.

Man, if I could find 880 silvers every year...I would quit my job :icon_king:

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
J.Cache said:
Roland58 said:
underarock said:

Man, if I could find 880 silvers every year...I would quit my job :icon_king:
I WOULD QUIT MY JOB TOO. IF I COULD FIND 880 SILVER COINS IN A YEAR. THAT WOULD BE GREAT.
SOME FOLKS READ TO FAST, AND GET CAUGHT UP IN THE FIRST FEW WORDS.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
underarock said:
Sorry I read these at work so I can't always read the whole thing ( boss is always pacing around looking at peoples screens.) SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE
People get so hype… its just a metal detecting forum sheesh lighten up a little. :tongue3:

I might have .5% silver for the year… but I have a five gallon bucket about to spill over with clad from this season.

I don't think anyone was offended, just getting the figures straight. Besides, if I had a 5 gallon bucket full of clad from this season, I wouldn't even care about anyone finding a little silver....that's a crap load of clad! Let us know what that totals out to when you get it all counted/rolled or whatever you do with it. 'Grats on a big sum!

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
Roland58 said:
underarock said:
Sorry I read these at work so I can't always read the whole thing ( boss is always pacing around looking at peoples screens.) SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE
People get so hype… its just a metal detecting forum sheesh lighten up a little. :tongue3:

I might have .5% silver for the year… but I have a five gallon bucket about to spill over with clad from this season.

I don't think anyone was offended, just getting the figures straight. Besides, if I had a 5 gallon bucket full of clad from this season, I wouldn't even care about anyone finding a little silver....that's a crap load of clad! Let us know what that totals out to when you get it all counted/rolled or whatever you do with it. 'Grats on a big sum!

I have three rubbermaid storage containers full of trash too. Planning on using the pulltabs and bottle caps to decorate my christmas tree this year. :icon_thumright:

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal.

When I was crazy with treasure I would dig bottles in the winter for a fix. Get someone to teach you how to probe for bottles and then get some permission. Bottle holes take more than a day to do properly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread