5 silvers so far this week

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Just got back from vacation in Ireland ( I will post some pictures eventually) and was itching to get back to detecting ( wife wouldn't let me bring the detector). Memorial day I hit the old faithfull park again to see if I could come up with anything and after many many holes and digging the iffy signals I pulled a few silvers and a few wheats ( top 6 coins ). Last night after work I hit the oldest park in Boise Idaho for a couple of hours and had really good success for me at least. Got my 1st Barber quarter and Nana would be proud my 1st tax token.

I have hit the park in Boise a couple of times before with very little success just one or two wheat pennies. I slowed down a bit more and went with a positive attitude and it seemed to work.

Dimes
1952 D
1944 S (x2)
1912 S

Quarter
1907 D

Pennies
1 Teenie
1 Twenty
1 Thirty
3 Forty
1 Fifty

Attachments

• 1stweekjune06.jpg
    1stweekjune06.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 485
  • barbersfront.jpg
    barbersfront.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 483
  • barbersback.jpg
    barbersback.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 492
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gabbit

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
doyboy said:
The only hunted-out area is one that is concreted over. I was contemplating purchasing an Explorer II after I graduate from Nursing school this coming spring. How much do you like it? Lastly, how long did it take you to learn it? Thanks and Happy Hunting!

Love my ex2!! Took me about 4 or 5 months for everything to start clicking -- I don't know that I would get an ex2 for a starter machine.

OP
OP
Gabbit

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Make that 9 silvers for the week

Got out early this morning and hit the old park in Boise again. Found 2 mercs in one hole and boy are they ugly -- the token is good for one fare on the Boise bus system from around 1940 -- dates are as follows:

Dimes
1942 D
1919 S (ugly)
1919 S (really good condition split bands & all)
1925 S (ugly)

Wheats
1956 S
1949 S

Thanks for looking :)

Attachments

• 060406.jpg
    060406.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 223
M

mchamby

Nice finds Gabbitt, Love the twinkle of that silver. :D HH