5 skunk boxes of halves in a row...

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
And they've been rolls I rarely see around here... same color as cardboard, with black ink... hopefully they go away next week, they seem to show up on occasion and I never find crap in them... Annoying. Been a tough week. Anybody else in the Philly area getting these rolls instead of the usual, too? I've got one more box to pick up tomorrow morning, I'm sure that will be a waste of time too...

Upvote 0

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get CWR like you are describing. I actually picked up the first Brinks box I have ever seen since I started the other day, skuuuuuunky.

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a little bit south of you in Maryland and am on a 5 box skunk streak with halves too. I always get the yellow string rolls, though. I just picked up a box earlier today, I'm sure tonight I'll fight through a pile of clad. Oh well, it goes with the territory. I won't complain too much because I know there are a lot of other CRH's who gone through loads of skunks. I applaud them for their patience! Good luck with your box tomorrow.

OP
OP
Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
It just really sucks because its coming after a great run of boxes over the past month that produced nearly $600 in silver. :(

This hobby is a rollercoaster...

Chrystal

Apr 5, 2012
Pauls Valley, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After learning about crh from this site ive become really interested in it. At my bank i went in there the other day to buy my first 10 roll of halves and the teller said alot of other people are doing this and theyve probably got what ur looking for out already, so i took the roll and went home. I checked it and sure enough, nothing. I went back today and got two more rolls which ended up being nothing as well. Maybe i should go to a different bank or something, idk but it sure is fun to look tho. Anyways good luck and happy hunting!!!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
After learning about crh from this site ive become really interested in it. At my bank i went in there the other day to buy my first 10 roll of halves and the teller said alot of other people are doing this and theyve probably got what ur looking for out already, so i took the roll and went home. I checked it and sure enough, nothing. I went back today and got two more rolls which ended up being nothing as well. Maybe i should go to a different bank or something, idk but it sure is fun to look tho. Anyways good luck and happy hunting!!!

In order to find some stuff, you need to search more volume, like a box of halves. It really doesn't matter which bank, as the rolls are rolled by an outside company (Brinks, Garda, Loomis). The only reason why you would want to change a bank is if you are not allowed to order from them, or are not treated well. Another reasons why to change banks could be to order from a different supplier (Bank A uses Loomis, Bank B might use Brinks; if you don't like the halves from Bank B, you could switch to Bank A).

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
merc, i got 2 boxes of thosse same crap rolls you are getting, as you probrably guessed, skunks.
they only show up on occasion for me as well, I usually get the same style wrappers in black and white. is this your main source?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions