🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope he's Living the High Life :headbang:

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look at the basic financials from the initial Central America project it is very difficult to come to any other conclusion than Tommy Thompson is a thief.

The contention that "poor Tommy" just couldn't emotionally handle all the legal machinations after the recovery is hogwash.

Thompson's greatest contribution to the project was as its organizer and its fund raiser. He was playing a big time, multi-million dollar game. He was not a sheltered "mad-scientist" who was incapable of functioning among the "sharks" who came swarming after the fact. Quite the contrary...Thompson knew how the game was played from the very beginning...and he was very, very good at telling people what they wanted to hear as long as it furthered his ends...Great Salesman...

It's any one's guess if Tommy Thomson would have payed his debts if the initial recovery would have paid $100 million rather than what it did.

He was pulling legal strings just weeks ago attempting to keep the current recoveries ofCentral America from happening.

I hope they catch him and throw him in jail.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Tampa Bay Times article: 9-15-2014

Click above link for the full story-

In part states: One of the last times anyone saw Tommy Thompson, he was walking on the pool deck of a Florida mansion wearing nothing but eyeglasses, leather shoes, socks and underwear, his brown hair growing wild.

It was a far cry from the conquering hero who, almost two decades before, docked a ship in Norfolk, Va., loaded with what has been described as the greatest lost treasure in American history: thousands of pounds of gold that sat at the bottom of the ocean for 131 years after the ship carrying it sank during a hurricane.

On that day in 1989, Thompson couldn't contain a grin as hundreds cheered his achievement. But his victory was short-lived.
For the past two years, the U.S. Marshals Service has hunted Thompson as a fugitive — wanted for skipping a court date to explain to investors what happened to the riches. The rise and fall of the intrepid explorer is the stuff of storybooks, a tale receiving renewed attention amid a new expedition begun this year to the sunken ship.

Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 4.18.59 PM.png

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If they wanna find him maybe they should post photos, there wasn't one with the article. He might be my neighbour here in the Bahamas for all I know??

There are lots of " cruisers" on sailboats and motor vessels here every year very incommunicado

Ps, Hi Tommy!!

Last edited:

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
Call me crazy, but no amount of money is worth living life as a fugitive.

But that's what Tommy Thompson has chosen.

I think somebody claimed Tommy is a victim of "American Greed".

He sure is.

And it is self inflicted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread