5 Walking Liberties

Tavis

Feb 6, 2008
Went to see my grandma is Harrisburg over the weekend, and she made me put my name on some stuff so when she dies, its clear who gets what. I felt kinda weird doing that, but one of the things I claimed was my grandmas coin collection. He collected coins all his life, and when he became an established business man (Middletown Lumberyard, for anyone down in that area,) he started buying older and rarer coins. My grandma made me take some Walking Liberties, because I mentioned how that is one of my favorite coin designs. Heres what she gave me:

1946 D
1944 S
1942 S
1941 S
1936 No mintmark

All are in pretty good shape, I can see the sunrays and some detail in the bundle and her hair on the front, and all the reverses have good detail all around, with feathers clearly visible on the eagle. For me though, the sentimental value far, far outweights any monetary value.

Shady Digger

Jun 21, 2007
Cool Ridge, WV
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow that's a good deal, but wouldve been better if you found them while detecting :tongue3:

you can see my only walker in my display pic

OP
OP
T

Tavis

Feb 6, 2008
I can't wait to take a good look at what else he has, my grandma was taking a look and I saw rolls and rolls of old coins, nickles, dimes, quarters, barbers, peace dollars, proof sets, tons of stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread