5 Yr Olds First Detector-- Photos

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
Well I, umm I mean Santa brought my son his first detector. It is a Bounty Hunter Fun Finder. Its perfect for his size. We got out today and did a little detecting together in the yard. We planted a few coins to get him energetic about it. All in all he found about a dollars worth of planted change and some nails and wire.
The Fun Finder is basically a turn on and go machine with little to no discrimination. It picks up everything in the ground. I will eventually upgrade his machine if he shows interest.

Well Happy New Year.

Attachments

• bh1.JPG
    bh1.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 240
  • bh2.JPG
    bh2.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 233
  • bh3.JPG
    bh3.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 248

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Good post, that's the most important thing we can give to them, spending
our time with them & getting them interested in the good things. Now,
you have a MD'ing buddy.

Diggerbarns

Oct 30, 2007
santa brought a bounty hunter Jr for my little ones.I wonder what the difference is between the one you have and the Jr?

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
great pics .nice to see you sharing your time with the kids too.i also take my 4 year old son with me cuz he loves to dig.funny tho....i got the same detector your son has...lol.ok im a newbe but i had to try something befor i spent a lot more money on a better one

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
scrapdoggie said:
great pics .nice to see you sharing your time with the kids too.i also take my 4 year old son with me cuz he loves to dig.funny tho....i got the same detector your son has...lol.ok im a newbe but i had to try something befor i spent a lot more money on a better one

We had a great time. He wore me out though. Seems he has the same problem I do, he likes to find stuff but doesn't want to dig.
The detector I bought him is not a bad machine. I think it is a great starter one and once you learn it you will find all sorts of stuff. Good luck with it.

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250
i wish my dad would spend time with me.i dont no what made me want to meteal detect.my dad does nothing fun with me.my older bro and him love eachother but he seems to hate me.btw is that an ace250 in the backround?cute little child.he lokks intrested.

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
treasureace12 said:
i wish my dad would spend time with me.i dont no what made me want to meteal detect.my dad does nothing fun with me.my older bro and him love eachother but he seems to hate me.btw is that an ace250 in the backround?cute little child.he lokks intrested.
Well I wish you and your dad spent time detecting together also but maybe you can find something else that you have in common with him. My dad and brother are both into flying and they spend all their spare time either in our planes or helicopters. I use metal detecting and my other hobbies to get away from the real world problems. Hopefully one day I can find something of great value and my family will realize that I'm not just the guy thats a loner.
I am trying to teach my son the values that my grandparents gave me. That no matter how bad things seem or how complicated life gets, do the simple minded things in life and you'll be happy.

daaaveman

Nov 13, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax - IT ROCKS!
I bought my 6 yr old (turned 7 yesterday) the BH Jr. He found a cannon ball on the first day with it. Darned thing was 6" deep too. Not a bad little detector for $50. It's got pretty good discrimination too.

Truthfully, after going from the Ace250 to a Tesoro Silver, I'd rather dig with his BH Jr than that darned Ace. I sure love my Tesoro though.

The son and I are going to look for an old ghost town today. We have a system. I swing, we both listen for a good signal, I dig, and he pinpoints. Works great. He is always the one to find the treasure. I just have to remind him not to stick his hand in the hole when I'm digging!

Tell him about my boy's cannon ball. There's a story and pics under Today's Finds from awhile back.

And of course, HAVE FUN!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions