50 (2013P) half dollars in box?!

Funnyknife

Nov 11, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found 50 half dollars 2013P that were sparsed throughout the box. Would it be possible that rolls were opened and combined with the rest? 20191109_083353.jpg

Upvote 0

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it were me, would keep 10 of the best (to build out Kennedy albums for my 4 grands and future grands). :icon_thumright:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
If it were me, would keep 10 of the best (to build out Kennedy albums for my 4 grands and future grands). :icon_thumright:

Sometimes hunters need to think outside the box. Good for you to think about future generations. I used to pull the shiny clad and make sets. Often, one can buy old albums that coin dealers have no use for. I would fill up the albums and consign them at the local auction house. Flat 10% consignment fee on all coins (they know they are in competition with eBay). The crux of it is that a clad album won't sell on eBay. But there is a different demographic that attends auctions at the local auction house. They see an old album with Kennedy half dollars, and they presume they are "discovering" part of an estate hoard. Always made money even after the cost of the album/fees/face value of coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread