Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50 cent buy of the day!

My mom and I went to a couple of good garage sales today. Mom picked up this "Memory Jug" for 50 cents! I would have never known what these things were if it hadn't been for the American Pickers show. The skinny guy (on that show) got real excited ;D when he saw one out in a building. So, since then we've been on the look-out for some. They're kinda gaudy if you ask me but seem to be selling really good on eBay. I don't know if this one is real old but its neat with all kinds of little doo-dads stuck on it--some old costume jewelry, old glass buttons, a three piece charm that has Indians on it, a Masons emblem, some kind of little double headed eagle emblem, and lot of other misc. stuff. The jug iteself is an old crockery/stoneware canning jar.
See what ya think and thanks for looking!
sandcreek

Attachments

• IMG_9095 (576x650).jpg
    IMG_9095 (576x650).jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,133
  • IMG_9101 (419x650).jpg
    IMG_9101 (419x650).jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,127
  • IMG_9104 (650x433).jpg
    IMG_9104 (650x433).jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,146
  • IMG_9121 (575x650).jpg
    IMG_9121 (575x650).jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,129
Re: 50 cent buy of the day!

Your right pretty gaudy, but I woulda picked it up. I seen that episode of American Pickers. It does look like its got some history behind it. Good Buy :icon_thumleft:

Rob-n-Texas said:
Your right pretty gaudy, but I woulda picked it up. I seen that episode of American Pickers. It does look like its got some history behind it. Good Buy :icon_thumleft:
Thanks Rob! I'm going to put it on eBay tomorrow and we'll see what it brings :thumbsup: . I'm pretty sure I'll make my money back :wink: . Some of the ones on eBay sold for $180+ :o .
sandcreek~~

Thanks Rob! I'm going to put it on eBay tomorrow and we'll see what it brings :thumbsup: . I'm pretty sure I'll make my money back :wink: . Some of the ones on eBay sold for $180+ :o .
sandcreek~~
[/quote]

Saw that episode too, you may have something there.
We're still partners, right :dontknow: 50/50 splint

spartacus53 said:
sandcreek~~

Saw that episode too, you may have something there.
We're still partners, right :dontknow: 50/50 splint[/quote]Weren't you supposed to send me some money so we could split the cost of buying? :tongue3: ;D
Here's the ebay link, in case anyone wants to follow this auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150449488759&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
I've already got 2 "watchers" and had 22 people look at it.
Thanks Spartacus! Have a good holiday weekend!
sandcreek~~

Link to the auction?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back