Upvote 0

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score, Someone on here once said it takes a brave person to search the Quarters :thumbsup:

HH...Miner

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CHAINCHOMP said:
nice find! i love silver quarters...they are so elusive...keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Elusive isn't the word I was thinking about CHAINCHOMP, Almost Extinct came to mind..... :laughing7:

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
FreedomUIC said:
CHAINCHOMP said:
nice find! i love silver quarters...they are so elusive...keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Elusive isn't the word I was thinking about CHAINCHOMP, Almost Extinct came to mind..... :laughing7:

hahaha, that is a GREAT word for silver quarters...thanks for the correction! :laughing9:
keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

OP
OP
B

byrne3

Mar 4, 2011
CHAINCHOMP said:
FreedomUIC said:
CHAINCHOMP said:

hahaha, that is a GREAT word for silver quarters...thanks for the correction! :laughing9:
keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

So comparing quarters to dimes, here are my thoughts:

My worst dime streak was 6 boxes of dimes, that yielded: 1, 1, skunk, skunk, 1, skunk
That's $.30 in face value for $1500 searched

Compared that to quarters I searched 3 boxes and got skunk, skunk, 1
That's $.25 in face value for $1500 searched

So my current quarter streak is about the same (producing wise) as my worst dime streak, but the difference is quarters are much easier and faster to search.

$1500 in quarters = 6000 coins
$1500 in dimes = 15,000 coins

So comparing my two examples from above: the dimes made me work 2.5 times as hard to have (approximately) the same results..

Going to see if I can get a few more quarter boxes tomorrow..

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread