500 ton Spanish galleon found (docked) in Port Canaveral

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
April 30, 2013
A 500 ton Spanish galleon "Andalucia" is docked @ Canaveral for this event: Home Page
Nice opportunity to see a galleon all in one piece.
News story and video here: http://www.floridatoday.com/article...0006/Spanish-tall-ship-arrives-Port-Canaveral

More info here on the Nao Foundations ships, the nao and the galleon: Historical Ships - Historical Ships The Founda... | Fundación Nao Victoria | Galeón Andalucía | Guadalquivir Río de Histori

If you go, please take photos and post.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder what kind of diesel engines that ship has.

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting... This brings me back to the time when I tried to convince my father, a wooden boat builder, to build a nineteenth century clipper ship, sell it and retire rich. I think his response was something to do with me having rocks in my head... Well, someone else has gone and reproduced early ships.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No treasure on board?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread