500 year flood...

vandaria

May 11, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-trac,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! We got that rain as well in NW IL. Thankfully we are up a bit so the yard doesn't flood. However we have a wine cellar under the basement and the sump pump was going all the time. The "creek" down the hill from us was a swollen rapids and for the 2nd time this year our park was probably 1-2 feet under water.

As bad as this is tho it isn't nearly as bad as it was the end of July a couple of years back. The town 10 miles from us had flash flooding and people got stranded on top of houses. The one rescue guy was saying how bizarre it was to see this sorta tidal wave come down the block and there were deer carcasses being pushed along with everything else. That town is on the Mississippi but the main issue that time was a levee broke for one or two streams/lakes in the area and it all just came down the smaller streams and into everywhere else. Was terrible.

Things have mostly went down now for us after last week and hopefully you are seeing better conditions yourself now.

Be safe!!!

seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn Tuff!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to see that, but you made it out in one piece. When you get back in the house you need any ceramic work done look me up. I will come up that way and do the labor for free, and yes its my profession. Good luck to youand take care. Also if your looking for stuff, used cabinets, furnitue ,whatever, look on craigslist indiana or craigslist illinois under FREE. Here in indiana right now a person wants to remodel their kitchen, you come take out the cabinets,sink, countertop and their yours for free. Check it out, looks like something you may have an interest in soon. Once again sorry for your misfortune,take care and good luck!!!

tinman68

Aug 5, 2011
vp il
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow good thing your Mister turf i hope it goes down soon maybe some type of shed on the flat roof might help .pm me if you need some ideas

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Best wishes to all who are enduring this. May God be with you. But just think about the treasures that may be exposed. There is always a silver lining...

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
makes me feel bad that i was worring about my sump pump running every minute hope things get better for you dennis

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad to see this happen Best of luck

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Floods suck - sorry to see you dealing with this but any of us history seekers know, good times come with bad. Sometimes we read about the bad times gone by and we go metal detect there! Life ain't easy all the time. I wish you the best in your wet times and I know you will find the best of it. God gives us challenges once in a while.

Best - GTL

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's f-up! Sorry you had to go through that :(

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont know you Mr Tuff but have always enjoyed yours posts. if there is anything I could do to help just ask..Soup

OP
OP
Mr Tuff

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is a tuff time but all will get better.. just a waiting game now till the water drops.. 7 days and counting.. thank u all for the kind words. will post an aftermath vid as soon as im able.... Tuff

vandaria

May 11, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-trac,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thinking of you as I see we are in for more rain this week =(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread