MNDigging

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2016
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 505, Minelab Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I drove about 35 minutes to go detect. As soon as I turn on my detector it goes into the "CE" error. I turn it off and on, no success. I detach and reattach the coil, clean the connections, it works erratically for about 10 seconds and I get a CE again. I tried and tried, and it "CE's" every time I turn it on. I had been detecting about 4 days earlier, towards the end of my time out detecting it displayed the CE error once. I turned it off and back on and it worked, but I noticed it I lightly pressed on the connection between the coil and the control box, the signal would become erratic. This seems like one of two things to me, either there is a short in my coil cable, or there is something wrong with the connection on the actual control box. I'm hoping it's just the coil, as that's a cheaper replacement. Has anybody else had any similar problems to this?

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's uncommon, but not unheard of. Sounds like a cracked coil. If it's still under warranty it's covered.
If you have another coil to try, or know someone nearby that has an Xterra that will let you try their coil you could be positive about the cause. Otherwise I'd call Minelab Service @ Kellyco.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread