Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got permission to hunt a new place this evening, but wasn't there for long. Found some clad. Then going down a little hill beside the driveway I had a faint signal but was consistent swinging both ways. Out pops a 1952 D Rosie. Just before I left I found the buckle. Don't have a clue how old it is or even what it went too. Lady told me to come back anytime I wanted to and checkout around the old buildings. Told her I would be glad to. Thought she was going to keep my dime for a while. lol

photo (136).JPG photo (137).JPG

Upvote 4

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RJ..cool finds..you remind me of a story..I hunted an old house this spring, an old friend of the family who is in his mid -late 80's. And after digging 2 full rolls of wheat pennies, I finally scored two beautiful Mercs, in the same hole, actually touching one another. So when I was done, I thanked him and showed him my finds, and he holds those Mercs and says..."Hmmm..i just mighta dropped these outa my pocket!"..(he was serious!)..I said "Chuck you're old, but not THAT old-look at the dates!"..Thinking he was taking a shine to them, I did tell him he could keep them if he wanted, he just couldn't spend'em at the Piggly Wiggly. Fiiinallly..he hands them back and says.."Ahh..you take'em, I got no use for them I got me plenty of dimes.." LOL...I would hate to throw down with 85 year old Chuck...but those is my Mercs!! You don't mess with a man's silver he dug up!!..thanks for sharing RJ..a little silver is still silver..ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread