Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea got down to the river today while the tide was blowed out.I was very limited to where I could go with the boat though cause of the wind was blowing so hard.It was quite a site today and quite an adventure to say the least.It was so windy you could hardly stand up could not hold the detector still very well either. :laughing9: Not to mention being down right cold at 37* the wind chill in the teens one of my first hunt's that I was getting to the point of asking my self if I had any sense at all left or had I gone the way of the KooKoo! :laughing7: But made a day of it anyway not to much to brag about do like the arrowhead,neat little buckle,bottles,more musket shot & balls,also a IH that almost looks like it was nipped on funny looking to me.At least I'll sleep good tonight. :D :thumbsup:
Take Care,
Enjoy! :hello:

Attachments

• DSCN0258.JPG
    DSCN0258.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 985
  • DSCN0259.JPG
    DSCN0259.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 975
  • DSCN0260.JPG
    DSCN0260.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 989
  • DSCN0265.JPG
    DSCN0265.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 971
  • DSCN0264.JPG
    DSCN0264.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 962
  • DSCN0263.JPG
    DSCN0263.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 970
  • DSCN0262.JPG
    DSCN0262.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 973
  • DSCN0261.JPG
    DSCN0261.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 992
  • DSCN0267.JPG
    DSCN0267.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 972
  • DSCN0268.JPG
    DSCN0268.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 970
Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

Hey Pete :hello: great buckle and a nice point you got there too :hello2: ... Looks like that Indian had a rough life :laughing7: Great finds as always :icon_thumleft:

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was some wind today wasn't it? Nice arrow head and I love the bottles! :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just wondering has anyone got a clue on the penny.Why it looks like it does.I've found many a IH down the river now from all dates and never seen one like this come up.The color and all are just as I found it yesterday.It has a different sound also when I take any other one I found and drop them on the counter.Also see no signs of writing around the head yet the date is all there so nice and the head as well.Also to me on the sides that it looks like it is cliped on or wore it seems that the feathers from his hood were not worn.Somthing to me just don't look like what I would exspect from other I've dug. Maybe it's just the odd one that has worn over the time different then the others. :dontknow:

Here are what some of my others look like the rest are worst shape.What I exspect to see.

Attachments

• DSCN0273.JPG
    DSCN0273.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 718

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Are you sure that IH isn't gold?
PP

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pagosa Pete said:
Great finds! Are you sure that IH isn't gold?
PP
I had forgot I had a gold tester kit.Anyway tested it starting at 10k and it is not even that so I assume it is just the way it has worn over time kinda freakish looking though!I guess not much need to worry about it no more! :thumbsup:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o :o

Pete the points a Stunner :notworthy: I would have braved the day just for that :thumbsup:

SS

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:

Pete the points a Stunner :notworthy: I would have braved the day just for that :thumbsup:

SS
Funny thing SS,is here lately they have been my better finds.Slipping on the colonial STUFF!
Maybe I'll get my feet back under me! :D
Take Care!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timekiller said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS
Funny thing SS,is here lately they have been my better finds.Slipping on the colonial STUFF!
Take Care!
Yes your slipping alright...were's the outher half of that spoon mould :laughing9: :wink:

SS

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
timekiller said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS
Take Care!
Yes your slipping alright...were's the outher half of that spoon mould :laughing9: :wink:

SS
Can't get in there right now they had to turn the horses lose in that area for the winter to have them enough to eat! :'( But even a good button find is hard to come bye since the first of the year for me.Bottom line is I'm going to have to expand out further to find some more sites and kind of a bad time of the year for that on the water.

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds timekiller :icon_thumright: Can't imagine detecting in those windy conditions :D

The point is awesome and looks like you got some nice bottles too.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
little bit of everything....good going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread