Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But ... did you get to eat your target? ;D

Mike

PS That rifle appears to have a mighty kick, but from the little I know, there are few who try it in the video, who know how to prepare for the kick.
Just my amateur observation.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i raise you the 700 nitro express
300px-Bullet_45acp_cartridge.jpg.JPG

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Large "dangerous"game ,Elephant ,Hippo ,Rhino, Cape buffalo etc

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
No Old Dog, you accepted that risk when you took the vow.

Fired a few double loads out of some old Confederate muskets for the sake of the noise. Also fired a small cannon, about a 2" bore that you'd mount on the gunwales I 'spose. Couldn't get that thing to mount on my canoe though. Lucky ducks. Fish, trees, turtles, other boats, flood control dams, etc...

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
speaking of big game...the Cape Buffalo has the baddest temper of all...a quote from a big game hunting guide..."they look at you like you owe them money....lots of money."
another "the only difference between a Cape Buffalo and a freight train is the freight train doesn't back up to finish you off"
;D
think i'll stay home

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having been a hunter all my life practically, I have shot nearly ever conceivable firearm out there. Those big boomers are fun to shoot ........a couple of times. After that it's pain city! The shells are also very expensive. I guarantee you no one who owns one is going to go to the range and fire off a couple of hundred rounds. The biggest bore I have seen was a .50 cal. BMG ( Browning Machine Gun) fired from a Barrett sniper rifle. It can hit a target nealy a mile away with consistency! And the recoil has been relatively tamed with a hkug muzzle break and a special recoil pad. Our military uses them also. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread