585pt/415cocu

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
my 1st piece of platinum, its not the best (585) but I will take it.As soonas I get in the water the 1st thing I saw was a sting ray .Around noon time I saw the life guards treating a young lady, steped on a ray,OUCH.about an hour later the platinum ring made its way up.About 3 hours later the weather starting looking bad, then I heard thunder so I was making my way back to the car walking in a few inches of water an BAM another smooth sounding hit.14k gold, what luck.Around noon time I saw the life guards treating a young lady, steped on a ray,OUCH. INFO. I found on the ring......In response to a request by a platinum manufacturer to the FTC to mark products made from the 585- platinum alloy as “585 Plat. 0 PGM,” the FTC issued a staff opinion letter stating that the proposed mark is “neither prohibited nor allowed.” The FTC did warn that because the proposed product is sufficiently different from other platinum products that do contain platinum group metals, the mark alone is insufficient disclosure of its base metal content and additional information to distinguish it from other platinum products must be included when selling products made from it. The manufacturer has since revised its intended mark to read “.585 plat, .415 CO/CU,”. This new stamping will clearly list the metal contents. The mark will show that the product is made of platinum, copper, and cobalt.

Attachments

• P1010001aa.JPG
    P1010001aa.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 283
  • P1010002ba.JPG
    P1010002ba.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 289
  • P1010003a.JPG
    P1010003a.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 278
Upvote 0

Foilman

Aug 17, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II uMax
Well done Congratulations? How would you calculate the platinum scrap value?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread