5inch float assembly for my8 inch gravity sluice?

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink. Barrels work fine as used in 3-12" dredges and no problems ever. Seal'm right with a tire valve to adjust for temps and good to go. -John

Where and how should i mount the tire valves ?Drill a hole in the cap and then glue?

This barrels,maybe"type H" http://www.knorr-verpackung.de/produkte/kunststoff-fässer/ Thanks

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use GE door/window silicone to double seal the valve stems in place in a convenient place you can easily get to when mounted.. When hot simply push on the dill valve and pressure releaved,visa versa on a cold morning when barrels indented to fill in with air. The barrels I use don't need to as special thick DOT for bleach/chemicals so much thicker-John

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
he has seen a bunch of pictures of the big 10 inch over the years..

bill

Yes i saw the beast of the jungle before,butThe eyes are always hungry,i can watch dredges all day long.I will take a look at your previous posts to find them again ,thanks.-emilo

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That,s a quick reply,thanks john,so the thicker type don,t need a valve. That would be even better,less things i can screw up.

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just drill a small 1/8" hole in the top of the drums. Then I just keep that hole up and out of the water cause it's just there to let the drum breathe or keep it from collapsing. Same drums have lasted 22 years.

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello Reed

then the barrels should be tight in the frame so they don,t roll around..many options here .-thanks-emilio

Last edited:
OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should work. But nothing accomplished yet,still looking for barrels near my location.Many companys have holydays now.A friend of mine works for a pharma supplier,he starts working next week,he told me he looks out for the barrels. Think about buying only the cone piece from Barro Boote - Rundschwimmer zur Selbstmontage an Flöße und Pontons (russau,i,m lazy) ,followed by the barrels.Then have to figure out frame to connect everything. ok,should work.

I let ya know when i have something to come up with.

Great article in the wma newsletter john.Such storys Remind me the freedoms stolen from us small scalers/hobbyists around here .The lives that where possible.Hope gets better for you overseas,where the last word is not spoken yet,in 2015.

For the interested in gravity dredging ,here again a short vid from the whole setup. It will not be the same in 2015 because the location does,nt exist like that enymore.3 weeks ago there was heavy rain period and a flood that lasted for days.It changed the river drastically.(note for the so called enviromentalists,in the middle of troutspawning season)

Happy new year to all-emilio

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread