5th Etrac hunt with silver! Digging in the dark.

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 SILVER coins from my 5th ETRAC hunt in the yard I've been hunting off and on when we have warm weather: 1942 and 45 Mercury dimes and 1942 Washington quarter. Thanks Minelab Profind 25 for having a light so I could see the quarter in the hole in the dark! This makes a total of 5 silver coins from this construction area and 4 from the same yard! I was telling myself ,"I'll dig one more good signal and then head home." Within a couple of minutes of thinking that, I dug the 42 Washington. It was almost pitch black. I just keep finding coins in this yard!(Ok one coin was in a yard right next to this one, but still, it just keeps giving) Between my friend and I we have pulled about 80 coins from this yard. The majority being newer, but so far the keepers so far have been:Walking half dollar, Barber quarter, Washington quarter, 2 Mercury dimes, 3 Indian heads, 6 wheat cents (my friend has only found one Wheat cent with his Fisher F2, I keep hoping he will find something better.) Must say I love the Etrac and the Minelab Profind pinpointer as well! File29.jpg

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And hunted today as well but the temps dropped from 50's to below 40's in a couple hours...BRRRR Still found a couple cool things

File30.jpg

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very good! Sounds like you KNOW your machine! Good finds, especially in the dark!
I am a caver, but never detected in the dark!...,but NOT in caves! =)
I'm sure your friend hasn't quite figured out his machine - it really takes time to get the most out their detector...! Patience! Good hunting to all!

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a 1906-O Barber half and 1960-D dime in that yard today ! DSCN1452.JPG DSCN1451.JPG DSCN1455.JPG
very good! Sounds like you KNOW your machine! Good finds, especially in the dark!
I am a caver, but never detected in the dark!...,but NOT in caves! =)
I'm sure your friend hasn't quite figured out his machine - it really takes time to get the most out their detector...! Patience! Good hunting to all!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread