6.0 Versus 6.5

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The early T2's were a ittle fragile, poor lower stem, weak battery springs etc.

Then the F75 came out and the construction improvements were carried over to the T2 version 6. Though the 6 had an excellent cover set (Chinese, but great) by the time they issued the 6.5 they added environmental protection which just meant dust/rain seals which added extra protection.

At this point I could not see any performance gain though the latest 6.5 production runs do seem to have the edge over the v.6's. Could be some componant change was made or just that they are setting them up better in the factory now.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
From the man himself :read2:

I saw all the questions and controversy regarding the T2 revisions and thought I would clear it up.

6.0 to 6.5 all that changed was the start up mode-from discrimination to all metal-there were no other software changes
6.5 to 6.6 was a change in LCD supplier no other soft ware changes.

If we make any significant software changes to improve performance like we did with the LTD and boost and cache modes we will market accordingly.

Insignificant revisions will not be advertised since they do not offer any significant benefits in performance.

Anyone feeling their T2 is not working properly should send it into the repair department for repairs.

Mike Scott
Director of Hobby Sales
First Texas Products
1465-H Henry Brennan, El Paso, TX 79936, USA

Fisher Research Labs
www.fisherlab.com
Teknetics Metal Detectors
www.tekneticst2.com
Bounty Hunter
www.detecting.com
Night Owl Optics

Top Member Reactions