Last edited:
Upvote 0

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, I live in the Melbourne Beach area. Tough area to hunt. Very little flint (coral) around here. The west coast and north Fla. is much better. The pottery shards here in Melbourne along the St. John's River are everywhere. As everywhere private land is all you can hunt, state lands and rivers off limits. Come on down and enjoy the warm weather. 80's Christmas day!

Nice, I'll be in Melbourne Beach for Christmas. If you're willing to share any tips, please PM me!

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
As for New York cherts, I find significantly more Normanskill than Onondaga. However, I have found a fair amount of Onondaga in Western Mass and it looks very similar to the OP's dovetail.

Nwohseeker

May 13, 2015
Nw ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Never seen to many artifacts in a " private" collection for sale still on a website of questionable business practices. Do you have to send it back to him if he sells it? Or are you and he the same person? Bahahaha busted.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Never seen to many artifacts in a " private" collection for sale still on a website of questionable business practices. Do you have to send it back to him if he sells it? Or are you and he the same person? Bahahaha busted.

While that question deserves an answer, it does indeed happen. This piece of mine was offered for sale for a few years after I acquired it on Western Artifacts site. And i didn't get it from him.
IMG_0783.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
While that question deserves an answer, it does indeed happen. This piece of mine was offered for sale for a few years after I acquired it on Western Artifacts site. And i didn't get it from him.
View attachment 1394570

Hey everyone - I just got in town less than 5 minutes ago and WOW!! Before i start,i would like to thank everyone that has messaged me with kind words and comments. They are deeply appreciated. Thanks also to quito who has not assumed,accussed or slandered me,but who has been someone exactly the opposite. Thank you sir! Now with that said - I really don't need to explain my artifacts or their source or their provenience or their shape or the indian who made them or any of that to anyone! Like i said before - I am a collector. I hunt,i buy,i trade. I am no different than any other collector with a VERY HIGH END COLLECTION. Everything i have posted is real and at this point - I could care less if you believe me or not! I have posted many of my personal finds and you say fake,wrong provenience,wrong shape,wrong color,blah,blah,blah! So really, because i am not in your click and have much,much better toys - You don't want to play! Well here is your story and then maybe you will start trying to be kinder and considerate of others. I have never seen Mr. John Royster. I have never shook his hand. I am not a family member or an old acquaintance. I unlike someone on this site that obviously thinks he knows everything there is to know about everything have heard some very,very good things about his expertise in a field that he has been in for 50 yrs. And B.T.W. - He Does It For A living! Here is your kicker - This man who has never even seen me face to face, but only speaking with me on the phone and e-mail sent me $20,000 of unbelievable artifacts to study. The reason? Because he noticed in me Honesty,Integrity,Kindness and a passion for a hobby that he has almost had to completely give up due to health reasons. This man will talk to me for hours on end and answer questions,supply tips,information and just talk about life. I have even asked him why he would take time out of his life and supply me with valuable answers that any collector would pay money for. His answer - Morgan, you cant take it with you when you go and i want to share what i know with you because i consider you a friend. Once again, think about this and if you will read my post at the start of this thread it is going to say exactly what i just wrote. It said that the point was sent to me by an older gentleman from Ohio for study purposes. Also keep in mind, the pieces that he sent me were from HIS OWN PERSONAL FINDS! He wants me to have these and said any of them that i liked to just keep and we would figure the money out some other time. He has offered me these for almost nothing. once again - Why? I will tell you why - Because i am honest and i am kind. I help people. I go out of my way to be the best representation of a man that i can be and that is not getting on websites and telling a bunch of lies. One more question that i want to answer is why did i not show all of the partial C.O,A'S. Your answer is just a few comments above. I did not want anyone to slander and disrespect someone that i hold in high regard and that is exactly what happened. Moral to the story - Even if you are the HeavyWeight Champ - There is an ole boy on the street that can kick your ...! When you think your the best - Your Not! When you think you have the best arrowhead collection - You Dont! When you think you know it all - You Don't!

Bow Only

Jun 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quito's point passes the eye test as being authentic and even the Dovetail looks authentic to me. It's one of the few Mogi has posted that hasn't made an eyebrow go up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread