• D3.jpg
    D3.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Nice looking blade. Are you sure that material is onandoga? The onandoga I have knapped comes from New York doesn't look like that.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eye candy for sure,would take thousands of years to look like that

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding! Congratulations.
HH
dts

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Bass and dts52 for your kind comments. Happy holidays my friends and may the good Lord bless you and yours this season!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That makes me hurt just looking at it. ...But then I'm imaging being on the receiving end! :tongue3:

Beautiful (and BIG) piece!! :thumbsup:

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It looks like the Onondaga I sometimes find in RI. My understanding is there is a difference in appearance/color between Onondaga found in western NY and the Onondaga deposits in eastern NY. That looks like the mottled variety of Onondaga to me.....

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful Dovetail. Could be a dark, heavily pantinated Flint Ridge. With all the quality flint in Ohio I don't know why they would import it. Then again all kinds of stuff from everywhere was found in Ohios mounds so who knows? Congrats on owning that beauty.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here are Onondaga pieces found in RI.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    567.7 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful Dovetail. Could be a dark, heavily pantinated Flint Ridge. With all the quality flint in Ohio I don't know why they would import it. Then again all kinds of stuff from everywhere was found in Ohios mounds so who knows? Congrats on owning that beauty.

Thanks newnan man! I would bet that you have seen some beautiful stuff down your way. I have an Aunt that lives in Melbourne,Fl. and is wanting me to come down and hunt. Do you know much about that area?

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, I live in the Melbourne Beach area. Tough area to hunt. Very little flint (coral) around here. The west coast and north Fla. is much better. The pottery shards here in Melbourne along the St. John's River are everywhere. As everywhere private land is all you can hunt, state lands and rivers off limits. Come on down and enjoy the warm weather. 80's Christmas day!

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, I live in the Melbourne Beach area. Tough area to hunt. Very little flint (coral) around here. The west coast and north Fla. is much better. The pottery shards here in Melbourne along the St. John's River are everywhere. As everywhere private land is all you can hunt, state lands and rivers off limits. Come on down and enjoy the warm weather. 80's Christmas day!

Thank you! Big smiles! Happy holidays buddy!

Nwohseeker

May 13, 2015
Nw ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man that is a beauty. I grew up in wood county,have family still there that is not a typical lythic for that area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread