6/14/2011 Finds w/ DMCIIb

RvaDiggn

Jun 13, 2011
Richmond, VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265x, F2 Nautlius DMC IIb
Did some digg'n yesterday around the yard (lastnight), trying to learn this machine. And yesterday at an old homesite right at the Battle of Fairoaks (Seven Pines) Did pretty good being I've only had this DMCIIb for a week now. I've used a 1265x for the past 12 years in these same spots.
Found the 1926 dog tag with a 1926 wheat cent with it. Navy button with iron back, pain bullet, field cast round ball and a few whatisits. Also is a pic of some silver maybe to an old picture frame?

Attachments

• 6142011.jpg
    6142011.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 396
  • silver1.jpg
    silver1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 406
  • slver.jpg
    slver.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 394
Upvote 0

rjs123

Dec 14, 2009
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Deep Tech Vista Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice finds. Always good to go back to an old site and pull stuff out with a new detector. Ive also got a DMCIIBa and the depth they can get is hard to beat in good sandy soil.

ahaulil

Apr 19, 2011
North Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the piece on the bottom? Silver? Looks nice.

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some wild guesses for your whatsits (prob need more pix, including backs for definitive answers):
Corner silver piece - maybe to a photo album? Clamps onto something for a corner decoration.
Long oriental looking piece: maybe a fan edge? (need to see back, dimensions).
Cool thing top right corner: neat! but haven't a clue.
If you haven't already, post them in the whatisit forum with more pix - but wow, what a great collection of interesting things!!
Tigger

OP
OP
RvaDiggn

RvaDiggn

Jun 13, 2011
Richmond, VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265x, F2 Nautlius DMC IIb
ahaulil said:
What is the piece on the bottom? Silver? Looks nice.
That I am not sure of, at one end it has a opening like a little blade would maybe have gone in it, I was thinking a letter opener? I thought maybe it was silver too when it came out the ground. When I rubbed it a little it started to shine, but I will have to get it tested to find out for sure, all I know is that it's not magnetic.

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
Very nice :icon_thumright: Beautiful book corner and what I believe to be a page turner. Dog tags are always a desirable find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread