6/14 Recent Finds

F

Felinepeachy

How many hours were you out there to find all of those?

Well done! :notworthy:

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Your insitus are un real! so is that last picture :hello2: wow, I like that broken, double-ended drill thingy. Or broken drill with a graver on the other end? Anyway, what a haul!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shots. I wonder what that pink one is? Some type of quartz? I get a few like that from time to time. You have found a lot this year :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Felinepeachy said:

I guess around three hours, covered about a mile of creek bank. When the water drops a couple feet is usually the best time to hunt. You just have to be the first one to walk it and pick up all the stuff that is eroding out of the banks. After that it's a waiting game for heavy rain.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
naturegirl said:
Your insitus are un real! so is that last picture :hello2: wow, I like that broken, double-ended drill thingy. Or broken drill with a graver on the other end? Anyway, what a haul!

Appreciate the comments, it's a pretty cool little multitool of some sorts.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
TnMountains said:
Nice shots. I wonder what that pink one is? Some type of quartz? I get a few like that from time to time. You have found a lot this year :thumbsup:

Thanks for stopping by, appreciate your replies. Yep, maybe rose quartz, or common Va. quartzite that was too close to a fire.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Felinepeachy said:
Good finds. I love that second one. What is it?

I'm not sure, I've found a few of them. they look like mini dovetails, but thin with woodland flaking, possibly a Merom?

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well dispell all the myths about Dovetails being in Virginia!!!!...I do believe you have found one..............lol ...............awesome finds bro!!!! Love the Guilford style point. Great finds for the day!!!!..................................GTP

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
Th3rty7 said:
Felinepeachy said:

I guess around three hours, covered about a mile of creek bank. When the water drops a couple feet is usually the best time to hunt. You just have to be the first one to walk it and pick up all the stuff that is eroding out of the banks. After that it's a waiting game for heavy rain.
Take a 5 gallon bucket with ya and start artifcially eroding them banks... LOL

artorius

Jul 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
Nice finds. Good eye catching the bifurcate scraper under the rock in the top photo - that piece is one of my favorites in the group.

artorius

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Very nice pieces Th3rty7. Those points are beautiful. All of those together would make a real nice frame for the wall.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Get-the-point said:
Well dispell all the myths about Dovetails being in Virginia!!!!...I do believe you have found one..............lol ...............awesome finds bro!!!! Love the Guilford style point. Great finds for the day!!!!..................................GTP

Appreciate your reply. I've seen one Dovetail from Va. and it was believe it or not a quartzite example from northwest Va. , they're scarce to non existant imo. Kind of like Lost Lakes, about the only place you'll find one is extreme northwest Va. I'm not sure that point is a dove. Definitely has the shape and base, but it's wafer thin,and unground? If that's a Guilford it's one of the better made ones I've ever found. Thanks for weighing in bro, have a good one.

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
great haul bro!some real nice points in there.3 hours???thats killin it!!!I dont think thats a dove looks more like a hopewellish piece with the fan shaped base and big open notches.thx for the look :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
artorius said:
Nice finds. Good eye catching the bifurcate scraper under the rock in the top photo - that piece of my favorites inthe group.

artorius

Thanks for the reply artorius, I'm a big fan of bifurcates myself.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
creek astronaut said:
great haul bro!some real nice points in there.3 hours???thats killin it!!!I dont think thats a dove looks more like a hopewellish piece with the fan shaped base and big open notches.thx for the look :thumbsup:

Appreciate the feedback dude, I agree with you on that piece.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread