6-30 finds

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was beautiful day for a hunt ! The water wasn't too bad, just a little chop. I was able to work chest deep water with no problem. Targets were not plentiful, but I was able to locate a few coin spills of 2 or 3 coins each. Jewelry was elusive this hunt, but there was plenty of it out there. It was funny, I saw at least 3 people when they saw me, check to see if their gold necklaces were still around their necks. :icon_pirat: ;D Towards the end of my hunt, a women in her 70's stopped me and asked if I had found anything good. I told her I had not. Now, this woman was dripping with gold.
She had: 4 or 5 gold necklaces
At least 6 gold bracelets
2 gold rings right hand
2 gold and diamond cluster rings left hand

All the gold was dazzling, but the the 2 diamond cluster rings knocked my socks off. :o :o She told me how an older woman she had worked with at a church had given her the one bigger diamond ring. She said when she gave her the ring, she sat there and cried for a bit.

I also talked to a hunter from Virginia armed with a CZ-20. He was the only other hunter I saw.

Attachments

• 6-30-08.jpg
    6-30-08.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 332
Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
looks like a normal beach hunt! that is about all I ever find...and not normally that much in florida. congrats

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey willie You should have Shoved her in the water ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Just kidding .. Guzz

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cntrydncr1 said:
looks like a normal beach hunt! that is about all I ever find...and not normally that much in florida. congrats
mumszie said:
Too bad about not finding any jewelry but I'd say you had a pretty good hunt anyway. That is more clad than I ever find in the water! WTG
Well, considering how hard this beach gets hunted morning, noon and night I'm thrilled I get anything.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HalfSpeed said:
guzz1 said:
Hey willie You should have Shoved her in the water ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Just kidding .. Guzz

Maybe just hold her up by her ankles and shake a bit........ :tongue3:
You guys are bad >:D She just got out of the water and had all the jewelry that she went in with. Darn.

I see quite a few people in the water with plenty of jewelry on. :icon_pirat: I'm a patient, persistent man.

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Willie, isnt it funny how finding clad in the water waist deep seems sweeter than finding on the dry sand lol. I hear you about the hunted out part. There is always 2-3 hunters at my local beach when i go. Heres the kicker though, im finding pull tabs new and old so my chances of hitting a ring are good. They sure are passing the silver though. Two silver in the last two hunts.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely, that's because we have to work harder for it. Don't get me wrong, I hunted the dry sand for almost 8 years before I got my Tiger Shark. Just about anyone can walk on to the beach and do a little detecting. Not everyone is willing to go into the water though.

2-3 hunters at your local beach, huh? The most hunters that I counted was 7 not including myself, but I still ended up finding a class ring that day. It was about 10 feet from another hunter. :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread