6/6/11 hunting

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
Stopped at a new bank today and picked up 190 in CWR of halves and those were a skunk. Stopped at a b of a and teller had 4 dollars in halves but would not give me the other dollar. asked what about those and she said those are HERS and she was buying them after work as they were silver! I WAS PISSED. She said it with attitude. Well, wont be going back to that branch!

HH

Upvote 0

bsktbllsam

Apr 16, 2011
pretty sure they can't do that...if you have an account there you should have asked to speak to the manager, especially if she had an attitude

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
bsktbllsam said:
pretty sure they can't do that...if you have an account there you should have asked to speak to the manager, especially if she had an attitude

I do have an account with b of a. It was busy and I did not want to cause a scene. I might still call though. It just really irked me.

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can say that you are the customer, and you want to buy those, and you want to buy them right now. That would have done it, but if not, you do ask for the manager. She's making a salary, she's not entitled to the silver too. She should have put them out of sight, but once you saw them and asked for them she needs to sell them to you.

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
I called the branch and talked to the manager and she told me they are allowed to purchase from the drawer and hold them until end of shift. I told her I did not like the tellers attitude and told me she would talk with her but that she can hold them. I told her I thought she was in the wrong and that I should have been able to buy them. Its first come first served. Looks like I ran into a brick wall at that branch. HMM. I am still not happy.

db23

Mar 18, 2011
rfishoutofwater said:
I called the branch and talked to the manager and she told me they are allowed to purchase from the drawer and hold them until end of shift. I told her I did not like the tellers attitude and told me she would talk with her but that she can hold them. I told her I thought she was in the wrong and that I should have been able to buy them. Its first come first served. Looks like I ran into a brick wall at that branch. HMM. I am still not happy.
I would speak with the district manager. All coins in her drawer are property of the bank, not the teller.

I would also dump like crazy on this teller. I would haul at least 10 boxes of skunks in to her. BofA has to unroll all rolled halve and bag them. I would re-roll 10 boxes and tape the ends closed. She'd be in for one LONG day.

I can't wait for the day this happens to me at a bank that I have accounts with.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd talk to her manager. She's not getting paid to search and take silver, she gets paid to be a teller and customer service. If she was rude that tops it off even more. If you don't talk to a manager, then start dumping there. I would even start taking some of your rolls in, and mark them how you normally do. But also start adding Silver on them, or Franklins or anything like that, so you know she will search them. It will really irritate her to find marked rolls like that, and find out they aren't silver at all.

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
Well. I will probably call the district manager tomorrow. This bank is in a town I am in only every 2 weeks. But they may become my new dump bank. Thanks for the advise guys and will keep you posted.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sounds just like a post I did last year except people were all ganging up on me about me suggesting complaining to management to get a coin. I stated that teller was lying to me about a roll not being there and that made me really mad. Oh how the forum membership has changed since that time.

Yeah, she should've not had them in sight if she wanted it. If that situation arises again, I would tell the teller to keep it out of the sight of customers unless they want the hassle or to torture the customers.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I will never understand why tellers won't buy those coins immediately, or hide them where they can't be seen by customers.

Why on earth would anyone leave those out and in the open if they are interested in buying them??

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
clovis97 said:
I will never understand why tellers won't buy those coins immediately, or hide them where they can't be seen by customers.

Why on earth would anyone leave those out and in the open if they are interested in buying them??

thats my thought too.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
clovis97 said:

I see this a lot too almost like the cherry picking tellers want to tease you with them " These are mine and you cant have them"

db23

Mar 18, 2011
When you speak with the DM, I'd say that you spoke with the branch manager and are not happy with the way they handled the situation. Aside from the teller being very rude to you, you were unaware that BofA actually pays the teller to collect coins while on the clock and that customer service is apparently a secondary job. If you are able to see coins in the tellers tray, that means they are bank property and you should have every right as a bank customer to purchase them.

Just my suggestions...

50centman

Feb 25, 2008
Why do some of you people insist on shooting yourselves in the foot.You can't have everything. Every bank is different. Let it go. What we are able to do is a gift. Try to look at it that way and be kind and cheerful and it will come back to you in multiples. Tellers have to put up with a lot of rude, spoiled people these days who think they are entitled to everything.

captainfwiffo

May 11, 2011
Southwest Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50centman said:
Why do some of you people insist on shooting yourselves in the foot.You can't have everything. Every bank is different. Let it go. What we are able to do is a gift. Try to look at it that way and be kind and cheerful and it will come back to you in multiples. Tellers have to put up with a lot of rude, spoiled people these days who think they are entitled to everything.

Quoted for truth. You can always dump there if you want some kind of revenge.

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
ok. this is getting out of hand. I was only upset at the fact she had attitude when I asked about the couple left in her drawer. If there was no attitude and she said they were hers as she likes them then no issue. Or better yet she should have had them out of site. This is a bank thats 30 minutes out of town in another town I am only in every other week for work. They will become one of my dump banks. i might still call the DM just to find out from him what the policy is but other than that I am done. Other than dumping. Might dump a few nicely marked rolls. :headbang: HH

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fistfulladirt said:
I feel your pain. Been there lots of times. It's just not worth it. Believe me. ffd

Agree. Dump there and move on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread