6 boxes - lots of silver, tons of NIFCs- also got the F word

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
well, it finally happened, got the F word at my bank today. i get 6 boxes every Saturday and they told me there would be a fee of $3.50 per box. I replied back that if they would have told me prior to today, i would not have continued to get them. The bank manager was nice enough to forego the fee today, and said that since i am such a good customer of theirs (7 accounts that i had to point out to him), he would only charge me a $3.50 fee per transaction of boxes. No fee for Quarters, dimes, nickel or pennies, just on halves. I asked if their would still be only a $3.50 fee per transaction and not per box if i ordered my monthly supply of halves (24 boxes) to come in at one time. He looked puzzled and dumbfounded when i said that and said that he would have to checkand would get back to me. That would average my fee out to 15 cents per box, but i would have to lay out 12 grand at once. If the boxes continue to be good like some of today's, i would not mind.

Today's results-
box 1 - 1 40% and 92S proof
box 2 - 71 40% and 6 90%
box 3 - 63 40% and a magicians coin
box 4 - skunk on silver, lots of NIFCs
box 5 - 7 40%, lots of NIFCs
Box 6 - skunk on silver, lots of NIFCs

NIFC breakdown was-
2002P - 25
2002D - 34
2003P - 35
2003D - 31
2004P - 72
2004D - 43
2005P - 127
2005D - 110
2006P - 88
2006D - 85
2007P - 23
2007D - 47
2008P - 2

total 722 NIFCs - i know that some of you guys save these, so i kept them aside. If some wants them all, let me know. only $361 plus whatever it cost to ship. If no one wants them, back to the wild they go....

Upvote 0

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Congratulations on the haul! I'd love to get the 2008's but I am sure you're not in the onesy twosy mode here. How about just throwing them in a coffee can to see what they're worth in a few years?

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
WOW you cleaned up on 40%ers. Those are some great finds for boxes. I max out at 50 per box. Good job!

-Golden Silver

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome boxes, great job!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
looks like 2 dream boxes there....WTG :thumbsup: i only keep a few of each year NIFC....i think i would keep a roll of ea if i had that many......the rest would go back....again nice finds

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
NIFC = not intended for circulation. halves made in 2002 and up were not intended to be in circulation. people buy bags of new half dollars from the US mint for over face value and search them for errors since there is a higher chance you will find error coins in mint bags. also, they try to find very high grade coins and slab them. the coins they do not want to save they take them to the bank.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i hate the f word. i don't see why they want to charge you, i mean if they are ordering coins for delivery themselves why hassle you if you want a few boxes a week? i mean the truck is bringing coins in to them anyway??? i have been lucky so far the only f word that has been dropped on me was at one of my dump banks. i have an account there, but i dump about 2000.00 a week in their coin counter machine, and the teller said that halves tear the machine up (loads of them). she said they have to have a tech down about twice a month to keep the machine running. also another thing she said. she said that if the coins are wet or moist it tears the machine up. i have quite a walk across the parking lot at that bank so if it is raining the coins sometimes get a little wet. i carry them in a bucket. i asked her for any suggestions on keeping the coins dry and she gave me 2 canvas bags, i think they are pretty cool. when i get finished i can just fold them up and i don't have to wait in line with a bucket in my hand....sure have gotten some strange looks doing that :D :D :D

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
i hate the f word. i don't see why they want to charge you, i mean if they are ordering coins for delivery themselves why hassle you if you want a few boxes a week? i mean the truck is bringing coins in to them anyway??? i have been lucky so far the only f word that has been dropped on me was at one of my dump banks. i have an account there, but i dump about 2000.00 a week in their coin counter machine, and the teller said that halves tear the machine up (loads of them). she said they have to have a tech down about twice a month to keep the machine running. also another thing she said. she said that if the coins are wet or moist it tears the machine up. i have quite a walk across the parking lot at that bank so if it is raining the coins sometimes get a little wet. i carry them in a bucket. i asked her for any suggestions on keeping the coins dry and she gave me 2 canvas bags, i think they are pretty cool. when i get finished i can just fold them up and i don't have to wait in line with a bucket in my hand....sure have gotten some strange looks doing that :D :D :D

I always ask for those canvas bags, heck I bet I have 15 or 16 by now. I don't use them all (in fact I only use 3 - 1 small & 2 large) but I just wan't to have some for the future. :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread