ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched 8 boxes of dimes last year and only found 1 silver Rosie. Hang in there!

coinfinder

Aug 15, 2008
Hang in there. I just dumped some dimes into a coin counter today that I had searched. One of them was a skunk box. And guess what? Out rolled a 1947 d in the reject tray! Not only did I learn a lesson about checking the reject tray, I also realized I need glasses! :P

buckanear

Oct 27, 2009
There are a lot of skunks out there.Today did 3 boxes of skunks.One bank would only sell $50,it held the lone 64D for the day.HH

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 boxes of dimes thus far has only netted me 2 keepers. Tonight was box 3, and no keepers. I have been doing more nickel boxes. I tend to find more War nickels than I do silver dimes. But, I have seen some folks on the net really have several nice boxes of dimes.

HSH,
apush :read2:

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA
I went through close to 8 boxes of dimes last week and netted 21 keepers (including 2 Merc's). But (as they say on TV), those results are not typical and may vary ;D. If I hit a dry spell on machine rolls, then I hit the customer wrapped rolls for a while until it turns around. Then when I get tired of finding Canadian, assorted foreign coins, restroom tokens, etc.... I then switch back to the machine rolls.

Volume is key, but also be sure to try different supply banks. For some reason, I find that I do better at certain banks (even within the same chain) than others.

P.S. I have found 2 restroom tokens in dime rolls since I started doing this, which is 2 more than I ever needed to find.

HH,
cuttybce

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
Heck with the rolls, ask for bags of loose dimes, right off their machine. They don't pay anyone to wrap them, no wrappers, no electricity. You are just gonna throw the wrappers away anyhow. I have found nine silvers in 3 dime bags this year. 2 were Mercs. Over the last few years I have had 2 shutouts in over a hundred bags. 4 were double digit bags, one triple digit bag.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread