6 hour dig yields some goods.

GoingDigging

Jul 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lineup. Heinz 6 bottle 1882 pat date. Heinz 56 1890 pat date with skeleton key logo embossed on shoulder and bottom is stamped as well. a cobalt blue mineral water/soda blob top local with little dimples worked into the glass all around making the light refract all cool. A neck applied teal bottle with 'SP' overlayed on one side. nice diagonal script hutch. A fully intact coca mariani original bottle from 1870's that had the real street drug coke in it. An 1880's or 90's 'florida water' bottle. A belfast both sides embossed huge letters and rounded bottom 1880's. Also some embossed local drug bottles embossed and an old salt or pepper shaker with it's original copper cap. Not a bad dig at the dump I'd say.

aa-All@.JPG Best1z.JPG

Attachments

• Best1.JPG
    Best1.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 117

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome dig that blue soda is gorgeous. Does the soda have an iron pontil? And was there anything else in that rusted clump? I've come across marbles and Small meds in clumps like that.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about some individual shots of the blob top. That one is a beauty (not ignoring the others because you have some great finds). Get it cleaned up and show it off!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
G

GoingDigging

Jul 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The blue soda bottle has a graphite pontil scar on the bottom with flecks of graphite embedded in the glass. It's pretty awesome. I will always remember how it came out of the dump. I pulled the boulder of rust out that was so hard to get out and sticking out directly underneath the rust chunk was blue gold. Had another good day today. Bottle picture shot from back of bottle. Other side has the embossed lettering. Blue-lit1.JPG Blue pontil.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread