Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got about six hours of detecting last week between renovating a room and working for a living. Had a special hunt with my Archaeologist friend Sunday for about 2 hours in an area where he found a nice Stone Age arrow head with a broken tip. He found a nice stone musket ball from Medieval times, no picture, and I found a small blue glass bead on the surface 300-700 years old maybe and an 1863 silver coin with the detector. My Archie friend sure was interested in the detector but wouldn?t try it out. Here are the finds, some lead, a lead bullet left, 6 musket balls, an oval whatsit with writing that I have not looked at much and lower right a lead seal with an image on it, not sure what it is.
9Apr06lead.jpg

Seven coins from the late 1800s to 1941. Found ten coins total.
9-4-06coins.jpg

Three religious crosses, the one in the middle looks encrypted and maybe a date can be made from the left part of the cross.
Relcross.jpg

Some of the interesting relics, upper left a small cuff button from a French Grenadier uniform, I found a larger one last Fall about 3 miles away, they date to the late 1800s and have what is known as a bird cage fastener as it looks like a bird cage, this one is broken off. A little Hitler youth cap badge with a swastika, not sure of the class and grade of gold, silver or bronze as it is not in very good condition. A watch or clock winder, a possible flattened candle snuffer and the cool blue glass bead, hope the bead is old.
relics.jpg

The obverse of what I think is a 1755 copper, date at the lower part of the coin, need to research it.
1755O.jpg

1755 reverse.
1755R.jpg

Obverse of a copper Austrian ? Kreuzer, shows the bust of Francis what?s his face, the last Holy Roman emperor, date is 1800.
1800KreuO.jpg

Reverse of the 1800, top of coin shows a double headed eagle with a crown in the middle, spread wings with a ? in the middle of the coin, date of 18 at the 8 oclock position and 00 at the 4 oclock position.
1800KreuR.jpg

Obverse of a silver 1863 Bavarian 1 Kreuzer, they are very small.
1863silO.jpg

Reverse of the 1863 silver. HH, Mike
1863silR.jpg

Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man Mike,between you and Birdman it make's me want to take a serious road trip.Still kicking myself in the butt for not detecting when I was over there...Excellent find's,all of them.Congrat's and HH this year..

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
MIKE, Great Finds, As Usual, Congrats. Good Hunting. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 080.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 080.gif
    46 KB · Views: 256
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 080.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 080.gif
    46 KB · Views: 252

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Mike you just never know what will come out of the ground you hunt. Very old old stuff and such a variety, and you do a excellent job researching your finds. Tsgman

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ambien....Tylenol PM.... :D I don't know how you sleep! :D

WoW! Love those finds Mike!

;)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Mike,

hh

lonewolfe

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
wow! coins is super! hitlerjugend badge - no comments - SUPER!!! in russia dont possible find it :(

S

southbound

WOW Mike!!!! Hope i can keep up with you when i get my MXT. The hitler badge is cool. Vern

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike as always,Amazing stuff. I wish I could find more of the older coins like you do. I don't get past 1850 to often.Great digs!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

Nice finds! I need to become friends with one of you over that way. So I can fly out sometime and go metal detecting we will find like a cache or something if we work hard. (I would need a new detector) Some of those Romans would be cool or some old gold ha! That would rule!

Keep @ it and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread