6 months... finally got some!!! _*~_*~_*~PICTURE_*~_*~_*~

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I am sure most of you know, half dollars have skunk boxes, and for many, skunk streaks. Some complain about a 1 box skunk streak, some complain about a 10 box skunk streak... Well I stopped counting at a 25 box skunk streak. I am probrably at a number closer to a 30 box skunk streak.

Wedsnesday, I picked up 2 boxes of half dollars from a bank I order from once a month. These boxes never produced in the past, so my hopes were low.

I opened box 1: 5x 40%, roughly one silver every 10 rolls, evenly spread out. What fun that was to open box 1. This box had to be at least 50% bicentennial halves, too. I am not even lieing with this one. several marked with black sharpie.
Onto box 2: a skunk. weird. same shipment, different batch.

So, it has been roughly 30 boxes and 6+ months, I finally found some silver. :icon_sunny: :hello2: :headbang:

It's out there for the finding!
HH,
BuffaloBoy

p.s. the barak obama half dollar is not silver, just painted, i got it in the batch of box 1. It is a 1979 half dollar. 3 barak obama half dollars since I started, I have never seen any other half dollar with another president painted on, I wonder why. ::)

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 905
Upvote 0

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
It has been a long time in the making for you, and if anyone deserves it...it is you.

Nice finds!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

CubanHunter

Jan 2, 2012
Miami, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take my hat off to you :notworthy: I usually complain when I have 1 skunk. I would be hitting my head on the wall if I got more than 5 skunks in a row :BangHead: In my last box of this week I found an obama coins just like the one you show in the picture. Good luck

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
geez if I found an obama coin I'd likely dip it gas and burn it. :o or just draw mustaches with a sharpie...

congrats on your finding your silver... I get really depressed searching, anymore it seems like I'm lucky to get 1 40% for every 1000 I search...I've been doing better in dimes and nickels. good news is I keep trying.... :) I hope to find a mint like that one guy on here who found like a solid box and a half of walkers!!! that would be sweet! (hey it's a dream ok!).. :tongue3:

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations! I aplod your determination, commitment and patience. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
My longest skunk streak was I believe 6 boxes of dimes but that was over the course of about 3 weeks. I can't imagine your pain.
I am somewhat surprised you didn't switch to searching dimes, or did you? Either way I am happy for you.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The Obama half was only put out during his political campaign. You could order them on TV, and not restricted to one date but whatever they could find to put his picture on.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
It was time for a change, however, Obama brought change in the wrong way.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind words, the picture was scanned, and I do search dimes, I have a weekly order esablished, 2 boxes of dimes and 2 boxes of halves. Last weeks batch netted 0... for both dimes and halves. Odd because 2 weeks prior I scored 1 silver roosie. :icon_sunny:

cunextuesday

Nov 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kudos. Now that is what I call dedication.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Haha.. Buffalo Boy,, did you try other banks in NJ? I'm sure you're getting someone's dumps all the time. You're pulling from a large dumper's bank vault.

Haha.. I knew the Obama halves would get some guys here to rant on it. I've never kept any. But hey, if they made a Bush Jr. half dollar, I'm sure you guys would stay quiet on it. No one would be cheering. GOPers just stay quiet.. LOL. Doubtful, they'd ever make a Bush Jr. commemorative coin though. Well, we all know why.

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy - Congratulations I agree with everyone's else's comments on here you never gave up! Nice finds hopefully more to come for you.......

HH

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see some of that stuff find its way into some boxes for you. Hope it doesnt take as long this time, way to hang in there.

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
SFBayArea said:
Haha.. Buffalo Boy,, did you try other banks in NJ? I'm sure you're getting someone's dumps all the time. You're pulling from a large dumper's bank vault.

Haha.. I knew the Obama halves would get some guys here to rant on it. I've never kept any. But hey, if they made a Bush Jr. half dollar, I'm sure you guys would stay quiet on it. No one would be cheering. GOPers just stay quiet.. LOL. Doubtful, they'd ever make a Bush Jr. commemorative coin though. Well, we all know why.

Bush Jr. was what we call a moderate republican. In other words, A watered down democrat. I've made just as much fun of bush as I have obummer. I hate both parties,They spend to much money.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
ImpurestStewart said:
SFBayArea said:

Bush Jr. was what we call a moderate republican. In other words, A watered down democrat. I've made just as much fun of bush as I have obummer. I hate both parties,They spend to much money.

Sorry but I have to differ on Bush Jr. being called a moderate Republican. Reagan & Bush Sr. are moderate Republicans. Bush Jr. appointed those God awful supreme court justices that let billionaires give infinite compaign funds to politicians. Basically legalized bribery. This isn't meant to be the political thread but when it comes to Bush Jr., I just have a deep resentment. I used to be more conservative when I was younger but when Bush Jr. got into office & started the waste of a war called Iraq, I moved to the left. Sorry but none of the GOP today can even come close to Reagan or Bush Sr. for that matter. I would rather have Obama in office than Bush Jr. any day. Think about this, since the GOP resent Obama so much, who do you think screwed it up so bad that got Obama elected? Yeah, that's exactly why no GOPer now will use his name in anything. No one asks who Bush Jr. endorses. LOL because people don't even want to be associated with him. That's how bad he really is. It is understandable that you are in Mississippi and I'm in CA where there's a difference in culture. MS is a red state and everyone is GOP but Bush Jr. is no moderate. He might be a moderate compared to Santorum but if you look at past Republican Presidents, Bush Jr. is really to the right of most of them except for Hoover maybe. You guys down there call him a watered down Dem because you guys don't like Dems down there. Coming from a blue state, Dems despised Bush Jr. as president.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread