All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 6

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's hilarious! Mount Erebus produces more than 450,000 tons of Chlorine gas each year. It produces as much Chlorine and Hydrofluoric acid as all the rest of the active volcanoes in the world. In 1990 tests established that Mount Erebus' Chlorine emissions were the principle cause of ozone depletion in the upper atmosphere at the south pole.

The gold being "blown out" is in the form of gold chloride gas. Chlorine dissolves gold. I guess you could recover that gold if you could figure out what to do with all those tons of very hot toxic caustic chemicals that accompany a single gram of gold.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That and a lot of tooting cows.
Can the gas be bottled as an propellent for spray cans?............... :laughing7: :icon_cat:

This way when you buy a spray can that says "Gold color" there will be some truth in advertising.......:thumbsup:......:headbang:

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At $6,000 per day, that's a little under 3 oz. It doesn't sound like all that much. Unless it's all consolidated in exactly the same place, I would think it'd be more expensive to recover/exploit than it's worth. (?)

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey.... Give me a little credit also as I do my part daily and my dog.... damn..!
What about all of the bacteria that is breaking down the many compounds coming out of the volcano?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What about all of the bacteria that is breaking down the many compounds coming out of the volcano?
Maybe me, my dog along with all the cows farting are breaking down all the bacteria from the volcano... I see a Nobel Prize forthcoming. Remember you heard it here on T-net 1st..! :headbang:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe me, my dog along with all the cows farting are breaking down all the bacteria from the volcano... I see a Nobel Prize forthcoming. Remember you heard it here on T-net 1st..! :headbang:
Great I'm willing to award a winner prize to you first. 💎🏆

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EAT MORE BEANS ! :violent1: :tongue3::BangHead::laughing7::violent1::coffee2:
My wife ordered this Vitagene DNA test for both of us and it would give you a suggested list on the types of foods you should eat and avoid. based on your dna ancestry. Eating legumes was big on my list. Dairy products was something it said I should avoid. Since I took that test I now have eaten a fair amount more beans. Still I do like my cheese, but milk I no longer drink.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can the gas be bottled as an propellent for spray cans?............... :laughing7: :icon_cat:

This way when you buy a spray can that says "Gold color" there will be some truth in advertising.......:thumbsup:......:headbang:
It would have to be cheaper than acetylene. I went to have my Argon bottle filled and the guy gave me a BS story about how difficult it is to come by, I had to school him that he breaths it with every breath.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It would have to be cheaper than acetylene. I went to have my Argon bottle filled and the guy gave me a BS story about how difficult it is to come by, I had to school him that he breaths it with every breath.
There is taxes involved that many do not know where the taxes go to as part of the costs.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My wife ordered this Vitagene DNA test for both of us and it would give you a suggested list on the types of foods you should eat and avoid. based on your dna ancestry. Eating legumes was big on my list. Dairy products was something it said I should avoid. Since I took that test I now have eaten a fair amount more beans. Still I do like my cheese, but milk I no longer drink.
No matter what you decide to eat for the bacteria of your digestive track that you to benefit from (there are 200 - 400 types of bacteria's in most single digestive track systems). You and all of your family members will never match the gas output of just one volcano system (this also includes the bacteria in and around a volcano).

The point of the OP is that there are minerals that are blown out of most volcanos in part by just gas explosions.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GAD, I would HOPE not! 😲 🤣
Ask most people what animal / insect (not bacteria) produces the most gas in the world?

You may not get the correct answer.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ask most people what animal / insect (not bacteria) produces the most gas in the world?

Don't know for sure, but have you ever stood next to an elephant who decided to let one go? I have, many times, and gotta tell ya it's quite an experience...it isn't always just gas, and ya don't want to be within 30' of that massive rear end!
moose.gif

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread