6 rolls of solid silver! franklin!!

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
Went to my bank yesterday and was in line and the guy in front of me was next and walked up to the tellar and asked for halves, and wouldn't you know 6 rolls of them all marked franklins! he took a peek at them from the end and you can see the liberty bell! Not only did I get beat out by this one on halves they also had 2 s-ike dollars, 14-slightly circulated peace dollars on top of that. Damn I was so close of scoring big time.

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Oh my God that is so unlucky!!! You should have offered to buy them at a good price. Still uh...I would have been tempted to cut in line or something.

Golden Silver

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
That is f5cked up ... damn what are the chances on a pile of Bens , 40%s Ikes , and especially Peace dollars all at one bank and then having some one else score them in front of you... wtf that is insane ... I would have flipped right to f@ck out ... bummer man that is one nasty bad beat , Ed

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Jimmy@romega said:
Went to my bank yesterday and was in line and the guy in front of me was next and walked up to the tellar and asked for halves, and wouldn't you know 6 rolls of them all marked franklins! he took a peek at them from the end and you can see the liberty bell! Not only did I get beat out by this one on halves they also had 2 s-ike dollars, 14-slightly circulated peace dollars on top of that. Damn I was so close of scoring big time.

Just curious, but how do you know the rolls were solid Franklins if somebody else bought them? How did you get to see the silver dollars' condition?

The tellers at that branch must be mentally deficient in my opinion to let all those silver dollars go and not take them for themselves.

What a bad deal for you.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread