6 Silvers-4 dimes-2 halves

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Hey everyone, The 3 detectateers got out again and this time I drove an hour to another of Kyles research sites. After I once again worked my magic by securing permission with another gracious landowner we were off like the curious and rambunctious gibbons that we are. After swinging for about 15 minutes I found a 1926 Merc in the same hole as a 1925 wheatie. At this 1790's site I figure that we should at least find one copper to make it all worth while. After the landowner got home from church she proceeded to give us ideas as to where to swing. Zoyboy was the next to find something that i'm sure he will fill you all in later about. At the bottom of the hill I started to pull silver rosies out of a large plug. Still getting signals that were reading higher than dime so I dug some more. 1943 s Walker. COOL. 4 silver coins, 5 wheaties, 5 early 1960's memorials, and 2 nickles ,40's and 50's. That's 16 coins in one pocket spill hole for Zeus. I also was digging many relics. A cast iron toy that is an indian with bow and arrow on a horse minus his head. I figure the U.S. Cavalry must have shot it off with a mini ball. LOL. Also 4 military pins in one hole. 3 U.S. pins and a Combat Infantry pin. A baby spoon minus the handle and a couple of buttons. Not exactly the Post colonial coins that I was hoping to find but I'm happy nonetheless. When we were about done detecting Kirk and I were walking toward Kyle when I got a broken half signal on my Xl pro which turned out to be a nice 1917 d Walker. I never found 2 in one day before. Kyles research, my landowner permission and Kirks trip funding and comic puking added up to another interesting day for us. Kirk....next time bring some pepto dude. And Kyle ....next time Kirk almost pukes on you don't threaten to punch him in the jib ( his own words ) What a day. He He He
Chris
PIC00038.jpg

PIC00036.jpg

PIC00028.jpg

Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris,
Coin spills AND pin spills!!! Very good my man. :thumbsup: Nice job on the Walker halves.
Congrats on a super hunt in my book.
-Doug-

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Wow, that is one hell of a day for you, Chris!!

That's funny...you got a lot of old relics, but not any coins from that time period....but that is a great silver haul (2 Halves in one day is very rare!!), and sounded like an amazing pocket spill. :o

Major Congrats. :thumbsup:

CAPTN SE
Dan

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
As Larry Miller would say, "Silver is silver, boy." :D Even though we didn't get what we were ultimately looking for, it was still a great day of detecting. Larry Miller would state, "Yeah, boy" :D

Snicket

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a dream hunt for me. You guys do a great job of detecting. Congrats. Now I need to go back to the pictures and slobber on my self while looking again.

Burdie

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Captn_SE said:
Wow, that is one hell of a day for you, Chris!!

That's funny...you got a lot of old relics, but not any coins from that time period....but that is a great silver haul (2 Halves in one day is very rare!!), and sounded like an amazing pocket spill. :o

Major Congrats. :thumbsup:

CAPTN SE
Dan
Thanks Dan. It would have been perfect to find a colonial coin to top it off but who's complaining.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Burdie said:
Wow what a dream hunt for me. You guys do a great job of detecting. Congrats. Now I need to go back to the pictures and slobber on my self while looking again.

Burdie
Thanks man...We take pride in our professional abilities but also our ability to have a great time doing it.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Colonial Zoyboy said:
As Larry Miller would say, "Silver is silver, boy." :D Even though we didn't get what we were ultimately looking for, it was still a great day of detecting. Larry Miller would state, "Yeah, boy" :D

Snicket
Larry would have been proud for sure. What a day. The only thing it was missing was Looney stands. OOOF CSZ

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Looney,

You had one heck of a day, even though you found some newer wilver coins. I still owe you for hacking in your car and making a "jib mess." :D Today will be a day we will never forget! :D

"You jerk, if I could, I would punch you in the jib!" :D Zoy sure was ticked off. :D

We must! :D

Kirk

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow chris,

nice hunt man, and 2 halfs in one day ???!!!!! amazzzzzzing !

you guys are on fire, bid congrats !!

kevin

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Colonial KirkPA said:
Looney,

You had one heck of a day, even though you found some newer wilver coins. I still owe you for hacking in your car and making a "jib mess." :D Today will be a day we will never forget! :D

"You jerk, if I could, I would punch you in the jib!" :D Zoy sure was ticked off. :D

We must! :D

Kirk
It cleaned up pretty good Looney. There is a storm coming right now so it will clean off anyway. What a day.

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
vpone said:
wow chris,

nice hunt man, and 2 halfs in one day ???!!!!! amazzzzzzing !

you guys are on fire, bid congrats !!

kevin
Hey Kev, Thanks alot man I appreciate the Kudos. It's not a 1 Reale but it will have to do.
Chris

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris...that's AWESOME. TWO freakin' Walkers in the same day. I've never had that happen. I gotta' stop slackin. Nice digs buddy. :thumbsup:

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Chris :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
That silver monkey is going to get fat. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread