60 Pounds of Silver Coins in Pickle Jars.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn. To think that the city will get it just makes me sick.
What a waste.

Awesomely great find nonetheless.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To bad the city gets to keep it because we all know how government agencies are with money. It will prob get put in some public officials pocket. Should sell it and use proceeds for something in a park for the kids but instead some greedy politician will find a way to steal it. Lol I have a lot of confidence In our elected officials as you can see. Most big cities where I live are almost bankrupt. Great find though.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read the article and I think I'm going to be sick... they take his house and then the treasure, a sad day for our nation. And the saddest part is that treasure will be stolen and spent frivolously by the politicians who have no appreciation for its value.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I click the like button on almost all T-Net Post, but not on this one, lol. I like the pictures of the dream hoard of coins, but not how the City got their greasy hands on it.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in April....not announced until now....that's odd.

I would love to check that yard, good chance of a few jars buried.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
“It was like a treasure hunt … the more you dug the more you found,” said city employee Melissa Howes. “We thought we might be able to keep it like finders keepers, but it was city property.”

dumb-ass!

She needs a Red Foreman dummy-slap, and a lesson in discretion.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is along similar,( well maybe stretching it a bit ) lines. I love old movies and was watching one last night called Gentleman Jim with Errol Flynn from I think 1942. At the start of the movie he is working as a bank teller. In walks Alexis Smith who hands him a check. He asks her does she want that all in large bills to which she replies. No, I want all silver coins. My father is playing in a big poker game and sent me to get him more change. Right there on the counter he starts building tall stacks of silver half dollars. I was drooling and sounded like that ugly little guy from Lord of the Rings......"Precious....mine....mine....mine"

On a side note. If you like boxing this is a good watch. Story of Gentleman Jim Corbett who beat John L. Sullivan for the heavyweight championship in 21 rounds in 1897. Can you imagine! Even if he was giving her "modern" coins he was putting stacks of Barber halves in the stacks. But if there were older ones mixed in there were probably seated halves as well. I was drooling.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Crapshoot!

-Lady Liberty is hot stuff...especially on a coin

Top Member Reactions