60 year old treasure hunter with bad kidneys, damn!

cjrjr507

Sep 24, 2006
Libby, Mt.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all.
Well, I am sitting here in the old folks home, Heritage Place, here in kalispell, Mt and wondering if I'll be able to go detecting in the near future. Kidneys went bad about 3 weeks ago when I was home in Libby,Mt. and it was a quick Alert 1 helo flight to the hospital in kalispell. I was out of it for nearly a week, almost kicked the bucket, felt like it. OUCH !!!
Doing better now but still having kidney problems. Kidney's were down to 5% function, not good. Was in walmart yesterday with my sister and was getting tired and dizzy and had to sit down for awhile. I have a you know what in my you know what, heh heh. ugh! Will find out next tuesday at the urology clinic what the prognosis is. Here's hoping I get out of this place soon. I want to go detecting so bad.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you get well soon and get back out there in the field.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you get back on your feet soon!! Take a look at drinking some (warm = Japanese hibiscus tea. cold with sugar or honey Mexican Jamaica) Old Mexican woman next door started me on it when my bladder was all messed up. That was 11 years ago. Drink it regularly and all has been good.

Cracked me up with your description of a catheter!! I always tell people I'd really like a coffee IV & a leg catheter!

Get better! and get swinging!!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you a speedy recovery friend ! I'll be 60 in Oct. and little old Libby is where I was born , so I empathise with your struggle . Blessings !

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pray that you will get to feeling better, and a full recovery.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too many young people in old folks homes. I pray you a full recovery as well as others on T-net. I'm 55 and have a lot of bucket list items to recover yet. Not ready to give up swinging anytime soon. Peace.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all pray that you will have a full recovery. I know there's more treasure out there waiting for you...

OP
OP
C

cjrjr507

Sep 24, 2006
Libby, Mt.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To many young people in old folks homes

Too many young people in old folks homes. I pray you a full recovery as well as others on T-net. I'm 55 and have a lot of bucket list items to recover yet. Not ready to give up swinging anytime soon. Peace.
Trust me there are not young people in these places. Maybe a couple at the most. The phys Ed women are not bad looking though, heh heh! Most of the people here are well how can I say it, eewwwww.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on 60.

Here's hoping 61 is better.
Don't step on the cath....

DigDeepNow

Jul 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope those kidneys start doing their job real soon........

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you kind find a match with your daughter or something. You are young and I wish you the best of luck and keep you in my prayers that you recover to detect and enjoy the little things again.
HH
TnMtns

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buddy... I wish you the best of the best! If I had any idea on how to help you I'd do it in a heartbeat.... (believe me) Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread