6000 di pro sL....newb needs help

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
I have got a whites 6000 di pro sL. I just started using it like a week or so ago. Anyways it has been working great in the yard, I have found tons of wheat, some silver, buffalo, and alot of misc. I was reading the booklet and decided to mess with the settings.(I had been hunting on all the P preset settings) Anyhow, like I was saying I started messing with the settings , following the directions on fine tuning in the book. I did this but wasnt sure what I was doing, I have FINE TUNED it many times,not knowing if it has ever worked. Now the detector just does not seem to work the way it did when I first used it. Every signal I have gotten so far I have dug up, and then After I dig the signal dissapears. Its boggling my mind and really ticking me off lol. I went from detecting like a pro, to detecting like a "DOH"! Could I have somewhat accomplished the fine tuning and now dont have the experience enough to use it? Or did I mess something up perhaps? Can I get it back to the way it was? LOL HELP ME!!!!!!! It just seems like every signal I decide to dig eventualy disapears after I dig and then nothing is recovered. I know there are some smart experienced MDers on here, does this at all sound familiar? I really like this detector, Ihave found things even a good foot down, it was so easy to use...WHAT DID I DO???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the Ground Balance is off.

I used to use a 6000-D series 2,
and t would do this in certain areas where there was more Iron content in the ground.

OP
OP
Mystro7

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. I figured it out...kind of a dumb tjing. It was the battery box. Had some corrosion going on. I cleaned it all up and within 10 minutes I had foiund a dime,2 wheats and a reg pennie lol. So I think it is fixed now. Thanks again!

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too had a 6000 D series II. I would suggest that you return the settings back to preset and use the machine for a while. Then, excuse me, but,......at some time "read the manual". Or you can experiment adjusting the controls one at a time and see how it performs. By changing one at a time you will know if the change has helped or not. Practice using the detector for a while.
Most people, (myself included), don't want to spend time reading the manual, you want to get out and find good stuff. Right?
That is the reason the manufacturers put preset markers on the detector controls. After a while you may need to adjust the controls slightly depending your hunting locations and conditions.
Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions