6th trip to silver park (4 more silver)

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
I got to the park around 7:30 this morning. As usual me and the geese and their poop. I had a 53-D rosie within 30 minutes. Went on to find a 43 quarter, 44 Merc and another sterling religious medal personalized with Keith Love Sara. Also 7 wheaties all 40's and 50's. I had started out in low disc but got tired of digging all the old style pulltabs and went back to high disc. After 2.5 hours the softball players started showing up so I called it a morning. There's always next time.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 613
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 613
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 600
Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nice take of silvers for a short hunt, congrats on that Mike.
I see why you call it "Silver Park"! Keep em coming, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

R

RUDY2003

Alright!!! Nice diggins Mike. The medal has my name on it but I don't recal a Sara....

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Mike, I literally missed your posts.........but what amazing finds! Congrats Mike.

Count Boris

Jan 27, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's M6,White's Prizm IV,Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike
You always seem to get great finds. I'm going to have to pack my M.D. when visiting Jersey in July. Keep up the great work.
Count Boris

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice finds mike ! looks like your doing good and the pics are great to !

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Congratulations! Beautiful finds. Hey Mike, I have some advice for cleaning those wheats. Get a potato and cut a slit in it and push the penny completely in it. I have cleaned an indian head that way. Check it every 24 hrs and you will be amazed at how it takes the black and green off and leaves the nice patina.

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Baldingboy said:
Congratulations! Beautiful finds. Hey Mike, I have some advice for cleaning those wheats. Get a potato and cut a slit in it and push the penny completely in it. I have cleaned an indian head that way. Check it every 24 hrs and you will be amazed at how it takes the black and green off and leaves the nice patina.
Hey thanks for the advice. I've never heard of that. I'll definitely be giving it a go.
HH, Mike in NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread