7/05/2008-Morning Hunt-1st Merc, 11th Ring, 1/4 VW

grafer

Mar 2, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This mornings hunt brought me my first Merc (1920), my 11th ring (non-silver), and 1/4 of a VW toy car! ;D Found $2.42 in clad plus the merc. I also end up having to fill several huge holes some left while detecting. >:( Put the detector away and filled as many as I could find.

70508Merc.jpg

70508Three.jpg

The thing on the upper left is an old pulley ..
70508All.jpg

Thanks for looking ..

Upvote 0

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
It is a bit sickening that so many detectorists dont fill their holes. How inconsiderate can you get? I often find holes on the beach, with a nice piece of trash laying on top, and it just gets my temper going.

Very nice finds, love the dime and the ring, wtg :)

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't you just hate it. Filling someone elses holes. Maybe the squirrels or birds were checking it out after they left. If i find holes when im detecting i fill them because i wouldn't like someone to think i did it. Good job. Nice finds. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HalfSpeed

Feb 10, 2008
Enid, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Ace 250's (2), Cobra Beach Magnet
Nice hunt! And thanks for filling holes left by #*&%$^&&()* idiot slobs. Wish they could be caught and their detectors confiscated. O'well, enough rant........ Love the old cast toys and the merc.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Narthoniel said:
It is a bit sickening that so many detectorists dont fill their holes. How inconsiderate can you get? I often find holes on the beach, with a nice piece of trash laying on top, and it just gets my temper going.

Very nice finds, love the dime and the ring, wtg :)

You'd be surprised how many don't cover their holes, throw the trash on the ground, and just have no respect to the property. Saturday my friend found a kid using a Prism and a screw driver, watched him dig a terrible plug, pull out a pull tab and just chuck it to the ground. I guess he ripped(well-deserved) into this person from the tool he used to the trash that was thrown on the ground to reasons why places are off limits. I've had to fill holes, pick up trash others drop, and always surprised when I do it, and the SHAME is, it happens more and more often and usually by a novice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions