$7,500 Of Loose Change Found !!!!

ZoSo71

Nov 5, 2006
Somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Modded BH Land Star
Underneath Coasters At Cedar Point...

SANDUSKY, Ohio -- Anyone who has been on Cedar Point's roller coasters knows they can produce a lot of loose change.

But what happens to that money?

Cedar Point employees collect and turn in the loose change found underneath the rides, on the midway or in the park's fountains to the loose change fund.

The amusement park said that this year employees collected about $7,500 and will donate it to a soup kitchen in Sandusky.

The park has donated more than $170,000 from the loose change fund to charity since 1988.

Always wondered what they did with thoes finds..

ZoSo71

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Wow, that would be 30,000+ Quarters! :o You sure all the money gets turned in? ;) Probably would loose your job if they found you pocketing it.

It's kinda of like going under the bleachers after a football game. Someone told me once as kids they beat the regular "clean up" crew by getting there really early in the morning. From what he says they did really good and the clean up crew was very mad when they got there.

Bob

S

stefen

Last week, I was given a backyard tour of the Anaheim Disneyland...a Design / Build Contractor we are dealing with had recently built a new water works in the same location as the submarine ride, and they found an estimated $200,000 in coins. The ride began in 1956 and functioned until 2005.

Disney found that to clean and sort the coins would cost almost as much as they would recover, so the solution was to take all of it to a landfill dump.

How do ya like them apples.

%$#@&^% A$$ H%$es

98 gt

Oct 5, 2006
found $30 in a walmart parking lot with no one near by (not even within 100')

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when i was 18 i found a field of cultivated marijuana ;D
on forest preserve land i may add
which we quickly disposed of due to the obvious
flagrant violation of the law ::)

S

stefen

Baron,

You should be commended for doing your civic duty without asking for a reward.

And, if you had been given a cash award, it would probably have been blown like a puff of smoke in the wind. ;D

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
i once found $100 bill in a car i got for free. i think i was about 16, 17 then got $400 for the car a year later ::)

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I would have cleaned the Disney ride for free and donated half to charity (just to get the job). ;D

I used to be on the cleaning crew for a football stadium and we would always find money, jewelry, thermoses, jackets, etc. You name it and we found it.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RON (PA) said:
I would have cleaned the Disney ride for free and donated half to charity (just to get the job). ;D

I used to be on the cleaning crew for a football stadium and we would always find money, jewelry, thermoses, jackets, etc. You name it and we found it.
douche bags? ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread