7 Boxes this weekend. Box 1 was awesome!!

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to pick up 2 brinks boxes from my main CU pickup bank. I also got 5 boxes from a bank that had been one of my dump banks that offered to order if I quit dumping :) OK! These were in the flat boxes with black and white wrappers :dontknow: I have had yellow/white in flat boxes but never black/white?

Anyways, the first box was my best by far. first 3 rolls had single 40%'s so I got excited and even my GF decided to open with me. my next roll had none but hers had a single 40% so 4 40's in the first 5 rolls, 7 in first 10! a few rolls ended up having up to 4 each and I ended up with 41 40%'s and 4 1964's :headbang: I think the most I had in a single box before was 8 so this was great! The 2nd brinks box had 1 Ben but nothing else so GF got bored and said I could open the rest, and she must have had a hunch :BangHead: as the next 5 boxes were all skunks :(

the new bank has offered to order between 4-5 boxes a week if I would like and just want to know everyone's experience with the black/white rolls. Should I keep this as a dump bank instead?

Good luck,

Jeff

photo.JPG

Upvote 0

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea whether the color of the rolls makes any difference, unless the wrappers are old. All of my rolls (boxes and loose MWRs) have been yellow and white. I've pulled a little silver from them but nothing to get too excited about.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no idea whether the color of the rolls makes any difference, unless the wrappers are old.

It still doesn't make a difference. You could have bought rolls 40 years ago and only use them now. Also, you can buy old rolls still today. However, statistically, older wrappers are more likely to contain older coins than newer wrappers.

OP
OP
J

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I am more wondering which courier uses the black/white rolls.

Good luck,

Jeff

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sagittarius - I agree; that was the point I was trying to make. On the flip side, my new-looking rolls are probably less likely to contain valuable coins, but that's just the odds rather than a guarantee. I don't know where in MD you are, but in the DC area the boxes I pick up must be "last in, first out" coins that have been recently processed (after having been dumped by CRHs). There's always the possibility of stumbling upon a collection dump in a box, but if I had my choice I'd like to take the boxes at the bottom of the pile, so to speak, that have been sitting around the longest (if that's how the coin processors/couriers in fact operate).

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Sagittarius - I agree; that was the point I was trying to make. On the flip side, my new-looking rolls are probably less likely to contain valuable coins, but that's just the odds rather than a guarantee. I don't know where in MD you are, but in the DC area the boxes I pick up must be "last in, first out" coins that have been recently processed (after having been dumped by CRHs). There's always the possibility of stumbling upon a collection dump in a box, but if I had my choice I'd like to take the boxes at the bottom of the pile, so to speak, that have been sitting around the longest (if that's how the coin processors/couriers in fact operate).

I'm in Montgomery. You too?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread